Global manufacturing organisation based South of the Tyne
The Cost Accountant is responsible for the financial aspects of capital projects, product sales/margins and operations across the whole of the business, including the main site and sites abroad.
The role involves analysing and reporting capital project investments/returns, product margins and operational costs/expenses in order to provide accurate and meaningful financial information to senior management and other key business users on a timely basis.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the business, with specific knowledge of product processes from production to delivery.
- Devise and implement a system for the allocation of direct and indirect production costs, overheads and other costs to individual products or product groups, thereby enabling the business to make more informed decisions regarding product pricing and profitability.
- Develop a comparable framework for assessing capital investment projects and provide on-going Capital project appraisal and review.
- Take responsibility for the production of the monthly Management Accounts.
- Participate fully in the preparation of the annual budget for the business.
- Undertake general accounting duties including account reconciliations, accounting controls and reviewing procedures.
- Ensure that the inventory system operates on an accurate and reliable basis, with respect to both costs and quantities. Produce monthly inventory valuations and reconcile to the general ledger ensuring that any differences are investigated and resolved accurately.
- Carry out ad-hoc internal audits of both foreign subsidiary companies.
- Review the weekly payroll.
- Deputise for the Finance Director as and when required.
- Fully qualified CIMA or equivalent
- Strong relevant industry experience - at least 5 years of experience in cost accounting and project costing, ideally within a similar manufacturing environment
- Strong IT skills - ERP and Financial Reporting Systems together with Excel spreadsheets
- Experience of product/process costing model development, implementation, assessment and review
- Ability to analyse and interpret monthly management accounts, identifying and explaining variances
- Experience in assisting with the development and setting of detailed budgets to monitor/control business unit performance and activity.
- Strong financial awareness and experience of contributing to P&L, Balance Sheet and working capital discussions
- Ability to work within cross-departmental teams to deliver financially viable and effective solutions
- £40,000 base
- 10% profit share
- Pension 6% employee/10-14% employer contribution
- 37.5 hr working week
- 9x death in service
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job