The following job is no longer available:
Your key responsibilities will include;
• Work closely with Managers and operational staff to ensure all products have accurate standard costs, manufacturing instructions and bills of material.
• Calculation of costs for new products taking in to account raw material cost, machine time, labour costs and relevant overheads.
• Update the costings of existing products to account for changes in currency exchange rates, staff pay, supplier prices, production methods etc.
• Respond quickly to internal requests to provide new or updated costings.
• Key involvement in the annual budgetary process, calculating the labour and overhead absorption rates to be used for the forthcoming year.
• Responsible for completing month end stock valuations and the resultant accounting journals.
• Co-ordinating month-end and year-end stocktakes.
• Working closely with the external auditors to assist them with their work on the year end stock figures.
• Ensuring the month-end GRNI accruals balance to purchase receipt reports.
• Ad hoc reports and investigations.
• A qualified finance professional with experience of cost accounting in a manufacturing environment.
• A willingness to take a hands-on approach and get out on the shop floor to see how products are made and how the costs are built up.
• Experienced at performing and managing stock takes.
• Strong interpersonal, communication and commercial skills.
• Solid technical ability.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Attention to detail.
• High level Excel skills including the use of Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP etc.
• Experience of using MRP/ERP systems.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"