This is an excellent opportunity to join a large firm with offices in all corners of the globe
1. To assist with enhancing and maintaining systems of internal control which safeguard the assets, liabilities and accounting records of the Company, with particular emphasis on inventory.
2. To develop and maintain a costing system appropriate to the Company’s needs
3. To work with colleagues across all departments within the company and group to enhance total business performance.
4. To carry out all duties in line with the Company’s Quality Assurance Policy.
1. The maintenance of accurate costing records using procedures, systems and evaluation mechanisms to enable provision of data to facilitate sound business decisions to be made around pricing and profitability of production.
2. To ensure the accurate maintenance of the Company’s inventory records.
3. To assist the Financial Controller with the preparation of monthly and annual financial accounts through the provision of timely and accurate information relating to cost of sales.
4. To review monthly accounting data relevant to costing against budget and prior year data, identifying and investigating material deviations and highlighting areas of concern for appropriate further investigation and action.
5. The preparation and timely submission of all claims from Dow in respect of margin support, price support, purchase price differential and any other arrangements that may come into force.
6. To expand the understanding of the Company’s manufacturing activities and gather production data on an ongoing basis sufficient to enable an evaluation of the true costs associated with the production of different sized batches of product and different products within the same product groups.
7. To analyse the relationship between actual costs and selling prices in order to identify and advise on whether current pricing is appropriate or should be adjusted.
8. To assist the Director – Global Finance with such projects as he may reasonably request including but not limited to costing support in the Asia pacific region.
9. Oversight of the costing elements of the company’s sugar spheres business in France including developing and maintaining an accurate costing methodology for spheres production.
10. To review and confirm details of foreign exchange transactions entered into by Financial Controller.
11. To undertake other reasonable tasks as may be required by the Finance Director.
Qualified ACCA / CIMA Accountant or Qualified by Experience (QBE)
Cost Accounting experience, ideally stand alone Cost Accountant role
Large Company background
Pharmaceutical Sector experience
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business