Cost Accountant - £35,000 - £45,000
6 Month Fixed Term Contract
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen in the South Wales area to work for an international brand. The role has arisen due to a systems implementation and is expected to last a minimum of 6 months. Working and reporting into the Group Financial Controller you will be required to deal a variety of planned and ad hoc projects within the group.
The role is varied and requires the successful candidate to liaise with both financial and non-financial managers on a regular basis in order to provide financial advice and guidance on the project costing and valuing side of the business in order to maximise profit delivery.
Key responsibilities include:
- Preparation of all site costings
- Project costings and supporting finance withi findings
- Dealing with raw materials and packaging costs
- Heavy focus on profitability analysis, stripping all projects down to the basics, analysing costs and liaising with account managers to come up with spend v's value projections
- Liaise with production teams to analyse labour costs
- Assist with IT systems improvements
Ideally the successful candidate will be CIMA Qualified or someone with relevant experience of working in a manufacturing, distribution or supply chain background. You must possess excellent all round communication skills, have the ability to work to tight deadlines and have worked in a Cost Accounting role previously. The role can be demanding and therefore requires an individual who can take the initiative, and liaise with strong characters throughout the business. You will be numerical in approach, possess excellent communication skills and be fully conversant in Microsoft Excel to Intermediate/advanced stage. There may be occasional travel to other sites, therefore someone who is happy to commute is vital.
My client is seeking an immediate starter therefore if you are free for work, please contact the office NOW!