Your new company
My client is looking for a CCAB qualified/part qualified cost accountant with significant experience of costing and pricing in a large and complex organisation. The role will be responsible for the application of Full Economic Costing (FEC) and Transparent Approach to costing (TRAC) in the organisation. This is an exciting role for a highly motivated and proactive accountant who has excellent analytical and communication skills.
Your new role
- Work with Faculties and Finance in the preparation and co-ordination of work load planning and review of results
- Prepare and submit the TRAC return ensuring it is fully compliant with HEFCE latest guidelines
- Ensure that the Organisation has a robust system and records to ensure compliance with the current HEFCE Transparent Approach to Costing (TRAC) and Full Economic Costing (FEC) recommended best practice
- Prepare the papers for the Financial Sustainability Steering Group (FSSG), lead and explain the process and findings, highlighting what the data indicates. Record further actions to be taken
- To be first point of contact between Finance & Legal Services, HEFCE and other related outside bodies such as the Research Councils, together with the wider Organisation in all FEC matters
What you'll need to succeed
- Significant experience in a complex and diverse group environment
- Strong experience of costing and pricing
- In depth knowledge of the principles and application of Full Economic Costing (FEC)
- Understanding of UK HEI research funding landscape
- Change management experience
What you'll get in return
An attractive salary and pension scheme membership
Above statutory holiday leave entitlement - 33 days per year
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- Costing / pricing experience
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job