- To support the Finance Manager and Project Management team in providing relevant and reliable financial information, to aid operational and project-specific decision making.
- Preparing, monitoring, controlling and financial reporting of project costs, in line with Corporate requirements and to support the achievement of operational and financial results in line with company targets and objectives.
- To continuously strive for improvement, change and development in all areas of finance and business associated processes
- Actively participate in HSE initiatives and ensuring safety comes first.
- Provide support, development and financial guidance to the Project Management team.
- Provide support to Project Managers in the preparation of their monthly status reports.
- Assist Project Managers with monthly variance analysis and forecast preparation, which must be reliable and timely.
- Investigate, understand (in an operational context) and communicate deviations in actual costs vs forecast.
- Integrate fully with the site operations team to understand the manufacturing process and associated costs.
- Contribute to the monthly Project Reviews process and support the Project Management team in any financial queries.
- Preparation of monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Involvement in the Accounts Receivable process - reporting on Billed, Accrued / Unbilled Revenue and monitoring of cash collection.
- Assist the Supply Chain department to ensure Aged Inventory is carefully monitored and Open Purchase orders closed out accordingly.
- Support the Finance Manager in ensuring appropriate financial controls are in place across the business (SOX) and compliance with financial reporting standards (UK & US GAAP).
- Strive for continual development on a technical and personal basis.
- Assist with any other duties as and when required
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- Qualified or Part- Qualified Accountant.
- Previous experience in the industry- Operational or Project based industries.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics:
- Sarbanes Oxley compliance experience.
- Ability to communicate and present high-level information to non-financial managers.
- Previous experience in Lean or similar continuous improvement projects.
- Well Organised and able to work to business deadlines in a corporate environment.
- Previous experience using Oracle based ERP System.
- Ability to demonstrate Microsoft Excel skills to a fairly advanced level.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job