Interaction Accountancy & Finance are currently partnering with a well known Manufacturing organisation in Leighton Buzzard that are recognised as one of the global market leaders in their field. Specialists in their market with an ever adapting product range they require an experienced Cost Accountant to join the team on a Full Time Permanent basis.
This Cost Accountant job offers an attractive package up to £40,000 per annum plus benefits, this position is not one to be overlooked.
Reporting directly to the Finance Director your main duties will include but not be limited to:
· Maintain Bill of Materials via weekly Cost Roll ups
· Ensure that standard costs are maintained accurately
· Produce monthly reports re margins by product group and by Customer to enable decision makers to react
· Proactively challenge information and margin analysis
· Preparation of margin data for budget purposes, analyse and check annual Budget sales file as produced by Group.
· Setting overhead cost standards for products,
· Assist with internal and external system interfaces and resolve issues.
· Prepare month end reports for analysis of margins/sales to company timetable.
· Key member of the stock checking team ensuring financial data & stock reporting is accurate
· Completion of government statistics forms.
· Assist the annual audit process
· Development and support of Company reporting, using Crystal and other software.
· Development of accounting systems and ERP software for future requirements.
· Be part of the team responsible for meeting Group month end deadlines
· Maintain the Fixed Asset Register and take responsibility for group reporting of CAPEX
· Provide cover for the Financial Accountant in holiday periods.
To be considered for this vacancy you will need.
· A minimum of 3 years experience in a similar position within a Manufacturing organisation.
· You will ideally be a Chartered Accountant CIMA/ ACCA or ACA but Qualified by experience Cost accountants will be considered.
· Recent SAP systems experience would also be advantageous
· A self motivated individual with the ability to work as part of a close team.
· To be a confident communicator, both written and verbal.
This role is available immediately so if you skills and experience apply please click the link below, alternatively if you have any questions please call Michael Greer on or email at
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job