***Please note that in order to be considered for this role you must have extensive accounting experience in the manufacturing sector.***
The primary focus of this role will be to develop and maintain a standard cost model for key manufacturing products driven from reliable ERP system data. It will also require the analysis and modelling of future target standard costs based on key volume, price and product design changes.
The role is operations based, initially reporting direct to the COO for the first year or so as the role is established, then reporting direct to the Operations Director; it will have regular contact with Finance.
* Developing and maintaining standard cost workings for key products and production processes.
* Working with Manufacturing and Operations departments to understand key process cost drivers for decision makers
* Enabling robust business case analysis (make vs. buy, design choice scenario analysis) for potential investment decisions based on valuation methods including Payback and Net Present Value.
* Working with Operations department heads (Manufacturing, Procurement, Quality, Test) and project leads to help facilitate accurate and timely budgeting and forecasting.
* Feeding back to Manufacturing and Operations departments their actual results vs budget/forecast each month and perform variance analysis to understand the key drivers and reasons.
* Adding value by helping give Manufacturing and Operation departments financial insight into activities and highlighting cost savings.
* Ad-hoc analysis and reports as and when required, whilst driving change and automation of manual processes
To be suitable for this role you must be/have:
* Experience of manufacturing accounting, specifically standard costing
* Financial modelling and scenario analysis of manufacturing costs
* Qualified or Part Qualified CIMA/ACCA
* Experience of working with integrated finance and manufacturing systems
* Demonstrable intermediate/advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
* Self-motivated, flexible and approachable
* Ability to communicate confidently with people across the business at all levels of seniority
If you believe that you have the skills and experience to succeed in a role of this nature and you match the criteria above please send me your current CV with ASH17579WC in the subject line of the email.
The Ashdown Group Ltd acts as an employment agency in respect of permanent vacancies and as an employment business in respect of temporary vacancies.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'