Cost Accountant required for a multinational manufacturing business based in Tamworth. Working for a subdivision of a global PLC, you will be joining a business that has grown significantly over the last few years and is now going through some exciting change.
As the Cost Accountant, you will be working to review costs and margins, working alongside the implementation of a new ERP system. Responsibilities will include:
- Production of material variance reports and analysis
- Business partnering the finance team and senior management to explain variances
- Production of inventory valuation reports and analysis
- Validating the cost of goods sold for month end close
- Ensuring that standard costing is applied to inventory options and updating bill of materials when required
- Reviewing monthly material costs for changes and inconsistencies
- Supporting the development of improvements in productivity
- Proactively developing more efficient reporting across financial control
- Supporting the implementation of SAP across the business
- Completing internal audit assessments for financial year end
This role would be suited to someone ACCA/CIMA Part-Qualified (study support is available for the right candidate) looking to progress for the next two-to-three years within a large business, or somebody Qualified By Experience (QBE) with ample experience in the cost accounting arena.
It is essential that you come from a background in manufacturing companies and have some previous experience with costing and stock accounting. You must be dynamic and able to adapt to a company that is continuously growing and evolving.
On offer is an excellent working environment, a strong pension scheme, 25 days annual leave and a competitive remuneration package including bonus paid quarterly.