Due to company restructure and expansion, an excellent opportunity has risen for a Coast Accountant to join this Growing fashion retail manufacturer. Reporting into the Finance Director the role will be to take ownership of the Inventory Costs and P&L’s, providing and supporting the detail to budget holders.
You must ideally have at least 2 years of experience within a cost Accounting/ Assistant Cost Accounting role within the manufacturing industry and be looking to develop your experience into wider accounting duties to become a strong No2 to the FD as the company grows.
The main duties of the role will be to
- Ensure all inventory costs are accurately recorded and appropriately accounted for so that all inventory is valued correctly.
- Providing clear and concise cost breakdowns to the commercial finance team on periodic production variances and overheads during and post month end reviews.
- Ensuring periodic trading & overhead P&L’s are provided with supporting detail to budget holders.
- Verification and recording of month-end inventory cut-off tests;
- Identifying potential areas of cost reduction, making recommendations and driving change
- Discuss and plan old stock exit strategy
- Managing periodic stock take (from Finance perstpective)
- Ensure the integrity of the Purchase Ledger (CoGs)
- Cashflow forecasting & FX exposure reporting
- Support in the quarterly reforecast process and monthly budget process.
- Share the monthly management account preparation with the Financial Accountant
Skills and experience will include -
- Experience of manufacturing environment
- Experience of added value reporting
- Part-qualified accountant (ACMA, ACCA, ACA)
- Excellent inter-personal communication & influencing skills
- Ability to identify key areas - know instinctively when to get into the detail and when to take a step back.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'