What is the role?
We are looking for high calibre Team Support PA/Senior Administrators either on a permanent basis or those that are available for immediate starts for a fabulous role within a popular Milton Park based employer.
This is a forward thinking, innovative working environment with a lovely culture and highly interesting sector.
Where will I be working?
Within an innovative environment on Milton park, our client offers a modern working environment and a supportive culture to all employees.
What will I be doing?
Working as part of a team to provide comprehensive administrative assistance to a functional group, and shared support for department and other site functions as needed. To be the subject matter expert in certain systems locally, the expenses system and other identified processes and systems.
Duties will include:
- To be a member of the Site Administration team, sharing responsibilities and cross-training with other assistant partners as needed.
- To contribute to the continuous improvement and efficiency of the admin function.
- Working together as a team to support the team.
- Provide cover during absence and holidays.
- To work pro-actively to ensure the efficient administration of the department.
- Responsible for the management of the departmental intranet site and all business related sharepoint sites.
- Manage the preparation for new hires, preparing induction meetings, necessary systems access etc., and ensuring a smooth and efficient on-boarding in coordination with Human Resources.
- Manage the preparation and coordination of the leavers process, ensuring activities are conducted in a timely and efficient manner.
- Create a range of documents, liaising with Legal team and other functions as required to ensure compliance.
- Ensuring that a relevant Purchase order is raised to support the cost of the contract.
- To be the subject matter expert in some systems, providing training, support and guidance as required to the site employees in their use.
- Work as part of the wider administrative support to identify and implement activities that provide cost savings or process efficiencies.
- To be the subject matter expert in identified processes and systems, providing training, support and guidance as required to the site employees in their use.
- Efficiently manage agendas for designated team members as required.
- Ensure efficient and effective management of meetings, and events, both on and off-site in collaboration with administrative partners from other locations where appropriate,
- Manage budgets for events within the appropriate parameters.
- Use company-approved travel vendors to arrange domestic and international travel for designated team members, coordinate real time travel issues as they arise.
- Manage travel according to travel policy using good judgement.
- Provide general administrative assistance across the site.
- Ensure that visits by outside guests and / or visiting colleagues are managed effectively
- Prepare, submit and track expense reports for designated team members.
- Managing the tracking of training ensuring all department training is captured, monitored and recorded to remain compliant with policies and all required training necessary for the roles.
- Any additional tasks and responsibilities commensurate with role and grade.
- Assist Executive Assistant and team where necessary to manage the site work load
What skills and experience are required?
This is a busy and detailed orientated role and will require fabulous organisation and administration skills.
Candidates should be/have:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective business partnerships.
- Proven analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills & Team player
- Exceptional organisational skills and strict attention to detail is an absolute must.
- Degree or equivalent
- Background of working in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry, or else research and development environment.
- IT knowledgeable.
- Ability to work under significant pressure with challenging deadlines.
- HS Diploma or 5 GCSE or equivalent, to include maths and English.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a global organisation and a remote team
- Background of providing full service administrative support
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, complex travel arrangements
- Demonstrated ability to plan all aspects of complex meetings - on and off-site.
What else do I need to know?
A cover letter detailing your interest is also required on applying. Please ensure you state which role you are keen on when applying: temp only, temp to perm, perm only
This role is offered as an immediate start for those willing and able to temp in the position short term. Those temping are welcome to apply for the permanent role. The Permanent role is open to all suitable candidates.
Flexibility may be required as this is a busy role, and a fast-paced environment.
Hours of work are ideally Full time (37.5 hours per week) and you must be able to work on Milton Park. (parking available on site).
We really hope this great role appeals to you and you decide to apply! We love hearing from you and really appreciate every single application that we receive. We wish we could respond to your CV personally but due to the high number of responses we receive this just isn't possible. Therefore if you haven't heard back from us within a week, your application won't be taken any further on this occasion. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to our roles. We wish you all the very best for your job search.
The Purely Recruitment Company is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and an Employment Business for temporary recruitment.
- Meeting Greeting
- Organisational Skills
- Coordinating Activities
- MS Office