HRC Recruitment are searching for a Corporate Tax Senior Manager to join a one of the largest independent professional services firms in Scotland. The role is based in their well-established Edinburgh office and on offer is an excellent opportunity for advanced career progression.
You will be a major point of contact within the firm for the client together with the partner. This includes responding quickly to, client requests and keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided.
- Regular involvement with tax planning and complex tax issues in conjunction with Partners/Directors
- Fulfil a consultancy role on ad hoc projects within their field of specialist knowledge
- Ensure assignments are completed within agreed budgets and keep client/partner informed of overruns and plan staff assignments in order to give an appropriate spread of experience
- Provide overall support to Partners on client matters and assist Partners in the management of the group, this will include support at times for the recruitment and appraising of staff
- Work as part of management team with other Tax managers within the business group, and provide support to the rest of the Tax team
- Actively participate in the management of the group through partner/manager meetings and by attendance at social functions
- Training must be provided to more junior staff both on the job and through monitoring exam and on the job performance, whilst consistently providing feedback
- Counsel, appraise, develop and motivate staff as appropriate
- Responsible for coaching and developing junior members of staff
- Educated to degree level and/or CTA and/or ACA qualified or equivalent
- Specialist knowledge and the ability to deal with complex tax issues
- Project management experience
- Staff management experience
- Ability to manage a substantial client portfolio
- Actively seek opportunities for developing new clients and for selling new services to existing clients
- Experience of dealing with client senior management
To apply for this position please forward your CV using the 'apply online’ link.
HRC Recruitment acts as both an employment business and an employment agency.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job