Change Public Practice are working with a Big 4 Firm, on a fantastic opportunity, for a talented individual to join their Corporate Tax Team in Birmingham. The successful candidate will be ATT/CTA/ACA or equivalent qualified, or qualified by experience. You’ll already be a Senior Manager reviewing corporate tax computations and returns, including client liaison through the compliance process. You must have experience of UK Corporate Tax to apply for this role.
You’ll be part of a growing and dynamic team managing clients of all sizes (from mid-market to FTSE listed groups) and across a wide range of sectors.
This firm has flexible working practices, great L&D opportunities and flexible benefit packages.
Key responsibilities within this role include:
· Managing a portfolio of clients and taking responsibility for ensuring quality tax computations are prepared, on a timely basis and finalised and submitted to HMRC within agreed deadlines
· Overseeing the work of Assistant Managers and providing coaching and technical guidance
· Collaborating nationally with the Firms local office teams and clients, to clarify requirements of each compliance cycle and ensure that these are reflected in the final computations and returns
· Potential client and local office visits including building rapport and maintaining relationships
· For complex clients, liaising with clients and communicating information to the Team preparing tax computations
· Identifying and resolving technical issues, preparing technical analysis and involving specialists to prepare or review analysis
· Providing advice and support to the Firms local office teams and/or clients i.e. providing assistance in the drafting of responses to HMRC and preparing tax accounting disclosures
· Developing and maintaining relationships with the Firms local office teams and offshore partners
· Collaborate with client administrators to ensure client administration and risk procedures are completed
· Identifying opportunities for additional services the client may require and liaising with subject specialists
· Qualified ATT/CTA/ACA or equivalent
· Genuine interest in clients with an ability to confidently discuss business challenges and needs
· Outstanding technical knowledge with specific technical expertise on complex capital versus revenue treatment, pension scheme and share scheme adjustments, group relief, basic transfer pricing and UK GAAP tax accounting for groups
· Experience of leading valuable discussions with clients
· Strong skills to communicate confidently and effectively with colleagues and clients at all levels, including coaching and developing team members
· Experience at Senior Manager level reviewing corporate tax computations and returns, including client liaison through the compliance process
· Recent and relevant UK corporate tax experience
· Ability to identify and resolve technical issues, or escalate as appropriate
· Excellent team work, management and organisational skills, including monitoring timetables and budgets
· Proficient user of Alphatax (or similar tax software)
· Awareness of technical areas including: controlled foreign companies and worldwide debt calculations
· Personal value of delivering high quality work
· High level of drive for success, a positive attitude, enthusiastic outlook, agile mind and resilient in times of pressure
· A team player who collaborates and communicates with respect
· Effective time management skills and well organised
· Ability to switch easily between strategic thinking and detail
· The ability to work autonomously, take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve relationships and processes
· Desire for continuous improvement
You’ll receive a competitive remuneration package, flexible benefits where you can select the benefits that matters to you, excellent L&D and flexible working arrangements.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'