Corporate Tax Senior / Assistant Manager
We are recruiting for a Corporate Tax Senior / Assistant Manager to work within our client’s Central London office. This corporate tax position will entail reporting to the Tax Manager and will involve contributing to the provision of an excellent range of tax services to a diverse set of clients and providing support to managers and partners. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate initiative and good judgement when carrying out tasks on the client’s behalf.
Due to growth within the largest and fastest growing region of our client’s offices, we are looking for highly skilled entrepreneurial individuals to join to their team to assist in achieving the strategic goal of being the number one advisor to owner-managed businesses.
Our client is a top 15 accountancy firm specialising in the owner-managed business sector across the UK. A well-established firm with an entrepreneurial and dynamic feel they are continuing to grow nationally as well as regionally.
The Corporate Tax Senior / Assistant Manager role is offering a competitive salary, study support with CTA (if required), a great career path to progress within the firm and a great benefits package.
The Corporate Tax Senior / Assistant Manager duties will be:
- Being the first point of contact for a portfolio of clients
- Preparing annual corporation tax returns and tax computations
- Obtaining missing information etc. from the client, third parties or elsewhere in the firm as appropriate
- Advising clients on corporation tax liabilities as they become due
- Reviewing tax returns and accompanying workings as drafted by junior staff
- Completing posting for complex or missing areas of tax returns
- Preparing/amending and/or approving letters and emails for the manager’s approval
- Drafting replies to client or third party correspondence, seeking further input as appropriate
- Electronically filing tax returns if necessary
- Assisting in dealing with enquiries raised by HMRC
- Preparing other forms etc. as required by HMRC or other third parties
- Monitoring chargeability on a weekly basis
- Assisting the Tax Partners and Managers with various ad-hoc work as it arises such as: technical research, reorganisations, reconstructions, transfer pricing and R&D claims
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working in a corporate tax environment
- GCSE English and Maths grades C or above
- Ideally CTA qualified - ACA or ACCA would also be useful but not essential
The Corporate Tax Senior / Assistant Manager will have the below skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Business entrepreneurship and commercial awareness
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude
- Adaptable and flexible
- Strong team-player
If you are keen to secure a Tax Senior / Assistant Manager role within a unique top 15 accountancy firm offering a great start to your career, please apply today to find out more.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job