Corporate Tax Manager / Business Tax Manager
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top10 Accounting Firm who are looking for a Corporate Tax Manager to join their growing team in Reading. Reporting to one the Tax Partners, the role would ideally suit ACA/ATT/CTA qualified tax specialists from a Top50 or large Regional Accountancy practice. You will be coaching junior members of the team, reviewing corporate tax computations and you should be able to demonstrate both strong compliance & advisory expertise. Key duties include:
- Reviewing complex corporate tax returns within agreed service levels and quality standards, identifying additional tax planning opportunities
- Alongside the Partners, lead work on UK and cross-border tax advisory projects, dealing directly with clients
- Generating new leads and winning new tax advisory work
- Managing your own portfolio of owner-managed businesses through to UK & Int’l corporates (typically £20m - £150m turnover)
- Planning and reviewing work carried out by team members to ensure work is completed within timeframes and budget
- Completing appraisals for all allocated members of staff to enhance their effectiveness
- Assisting with the development of tax efficient structures and assisting with corporate re-organisation’s for tax planning purposes
- Liaising directly with clients regarding corporate tax matters on the phone and in person, and others in the tax and audit departments
- Identifying changes in UK legislation and how this may impact the corporate portfolio
- Ensuring the quality of corporate tax work is done to agreed cost and timescales
To be considered for the role, you should be seeking a move to an accounting practice/firm where wider responsibilities and a broader client base will be made available to you. Therefore, knowledge and experience of reviewing corporate tax computations for OMB businesses, dealing with complex tax advisory issues and managing a diverse UK & Int’l client portfolio is desirable. You will be technically strong with existing advisory experience which you are keen to further develop. Passionate about supporting, advising and helping businesses achieve their potential, you’ll be someone who wants to make a difference and shape your career. You’ll have strong technical skills and experience of providing clients with quality services, be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop junior colleagues.
On offer is a salary up to £60/65,000 depending on experience + excellent benefits including 25 days holiday, corporate pension scheme and healthcare. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) Office by telephone or via email at admin@mcginnisloy. com
For other opportunities in Finance & Accounting or Public Practice within the Thames Valley, London & Midlands please visit our website at www.mcginnisloy.com. McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile
- Corporate Tax
- Corporation Tax
- Tax Advisory
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'