Overall job purpose
To manage a portfolio of owner managed and private equity backed corporate clients with complex tax affairs, ensuring both excellent client service and identification of further work opportunities. The role will involve working on a variety of advisory projects and technical assignments. In addition, to take an active role in business development opportunities, proposals and networking events. Making a significant contribution towards the overall future development and success of the corporate tax offering of the office and firm.
To be a role model for the team and take an active interest in their professional development. For the right candidate the role can lead to partnership.
- Be the main point of contact on tax only cases for the firm and respond quickly to clients
- To have day to day responsibility for a portfolio of tax compliance clients, reviewing tax computations prepared by direct reports, whilst liaising and building relationships with the client, practising the principles of excellent client service at all times
- To identify and advise on tax planning opportunities and to undertake specialist technical assignments as required
- To manage the assignment in accordance with the firm’s standard procedures and confirm arrangements with the client, including likely costs and billing arrangements. Ensuring the work meets targeted recovery, and to bill clients on a timely basis
- To research and prepare proposals for new work, and to take part in formal presentations to prospective clients
- To be actively involved in the office business development activities
- To take an active involvement in client seminars, and to effectively follow up contact made
- To ensure that appropriate liaison takes place with all other departments, and that all potential client needs are identified and serviced accordingly
- To develop a detailed knowledge of the firm’s specialist services and to undertake special work in response to client needs where appropriate
- To maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil professional bodies’ CPD requirements
- Be a line manager for staff, including taking an active role in their development.
- Attend staff meetings and training as required
- To brief junior staff on the client’s business and the pre-assignment instructions, to supervise and control the completion of work, and to undertake ‘on the job’ training and appraisals where necessary
- To ensure that the clients’ tax affairs comply with statutory requirements, and manage compliance work team efficiently
- To ensure tax quality at all times by adhering to the Firm’s quality standards.
- Maintain an awareness and observation of Health and Safety issues within the Firm, and report any concerns to the Health and Safety Representative
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the line manager, Head of Department or any Partner
Personal and professional qualities
The role requires:
- Very good standard of education
- Appropriate professional qualification CTA, ACA, ACCA
- Significant previous experience operating at Manager or a similar role is required, or can demonstrate the skill set required to undertake the role
- Proven experience of identifying and advising on tax advisory projects, for example capital allowances, R&D, restructuring and due diligence
- Proven experience in proactive client handling and project management
- Proven experience in producing high quality, technically accurate work within budget
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'