My client are a top 20 practice based near Hitchin. They are looking for a Corporate Tax Manager to join their growing team. They have a varied client base and look after businesses from sole traders to larger corporates with complex technical requirements.
The key responsibilities of a Corporate Tax Manager:
- Corporation tax reviews on year end files
- Dealing with the firm's fee protection offering, including pricing and provider and making of claims / agreeing fees with the insurer
- Assisting clients through HMRC interventions on CT, PAYE, VAT
- Advisory on capital allowances
- Advisory on corporate restructuring including advance clearances from HMRC
- R&D claims
- Point of reference for managers / partners in other departments
- Advisory and implementation of share schemes
- Compliance relating to share transactions (forms 40 / 42 etc)
- Small number of ad-hoc issues including modified PAYE scheme advisory and compliance for seconded employees to UK company
- Advisory work
- Registrations / changes to registrations
- Implementation of VAT during transactions
- Task ownership, taking responsibility for delivery, cost control and billing
- Involvement in productising, marketing and selling services to clients
- Development of new revenue streams for the firm relating to tax services
- Providing basic training to new staff members / existing staff on new issues
- Problem solving including system / control development on tax matters
Key skills of a Corporate Tax Manager:
- Strong technical knowledge of corporate tax and able to apply the rules to client circumstance
- At least awareness level of knowledge on VAT / Employment tax issues
- Confident communicator
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Computer literate
What's on offer?
- £43,000 - £48,000
- Excellent benefits and career progression options available
Insite Recruitment refer a friend scheme
Do you know a Corporate Tax Manager based near Hitchin, or someone who may be suitable for this role? Should you introduce a candidate to Insite who we subsequently place, we will send you a £250 retail gift voucher!
For more information on this Corporate Tax Manager role please either apply directly or contact Garry Cook at Insite Public Practice Recruitment. If this role isn't for you but you do possess many of the requirements, please do get in contact with us as we may be able to offer a more suitable role.