Our client is a London and South-East based independent Chartered Accountants looking for a Corporate Tax Manager to join their Watford Office. The role will provide the opportunity to manage a portfolio of personal and corporate clients regarding compliance, and directly report to a Tax Principal. Candidates will support the Business Tax Team in their advisory service while gaining technical experience in complex tax areas such as incorporations, IT/CGT planning, reconstructions and demergers, EIS/SEIS and share schemes.
The role will include but not be limited to:
- Following Firm procedure in tax matters.
- Dealing with enquiries and assisting staff in preparing Corporate Tax Returns.
- Considering tax planning issues.
- Responsibility for a portfolio of clients under Corporate Tax Principal supervision.
- Ensuring all Corporate Tax Returns are filed promptly and a record maintained.
Candidates will by CTA qualified with more than 2 years of direct Corporate Tax exposure and understand interaction with non-corporate taxes on advantage. They will have the ability to manage a portfolio of OMBs, identify tax planning opportunities and take responsibility for compliance measures. Equally they will have the ability to communicate well with clients and colleagues and possess necessary IT skills to a proficient degree. They will be able to manage junior team members through strong interpersonal skills and a cooperative attitude.
Full time hours of work: 9.00 am - 5.30 pm, Monday to Friday, with 1 hour for lunch each day.
Remuneration will be dependent on experience.
- Annual Christmas Bonus equivalent to 1 week’s salary.
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme (Employer: 5%; Employee: 3%) subject to eligibility and Death in Service scheme cover (4x salary).
- Private Medical Insurance after completion of 3-month probationary period (taxable benefit).
- Group Income Protection Scheme (non-contributory) after completion of 3-month probationary period.
- Annual Leave will be 25 days per annum (pro-rata).