Our client a 15 Partner Firm of Chartered Accountants in Marylebone are seeking a Corporate Tax Manager to join their tax team.
Reporting to the Director you will be responsible for managing the Corporate Tax function, dealing with a mixed portfolio of clients, mainly SME's including listed companies and international groups, as well as supervising junior staff.
Key Duties include:
- Lead and guide a small corporation tax team and review tax computations prepared by the audit department
- Manage client relationships and identify opportunities; think strategically by understanding client’s needs, their business and key risks
- Identify ways to maximise the client relationship and deliver added value
- Work with the Partner in the planning and conduct of advisory assignments
- Deal with HMRC enquiries
- Identify tax planning opportunities
- Attend client meetings and events
- Carry out technical research
- Ensure team and individual budgets and performance objectives are achieved
- Manage WIP and raise bills
- Provide tax training to Audit personnel
You will ideally hold a professional qualification such as CTA/ACA and you will also have previous managerial experience in a corporate tax role within practice.
You will also possess strong technical ability in corporate tax, well as excellent communication skills with a client focus and being commercially aware.
A good working knowledge of Excel and Alphatax would also be an advantage, as well as other accounting/tax software.
The firm offer excellent prospects and benefits.
- Corporate Tax
- Tax Planning
- International Groups