Cooper Lomaz have a fantastic opportunity for an In House Corporate Tax Manager to join a high calibre Tax team based in Peterborough. Working for a market leading highly acquisitive and expanding business, the Tax team supports all business integrations and advises on all Tax implications for business decisions. As Corporate Tax Manager, you will be tasked with leading on all corporate Tax and compliance issues, working with colleagues in the US to discuss wider business implications to achieve positive business results. Leading a small team, it is also expected that you remain hands on with the preparation of Tax returns for the group companies and will maintain the relationship with HMRC.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Lead the preparation of UK Tax returns for all subsidiary companies as well as UK Group
- Lead on annual SAO project, including all documentation and testing
- Work with counterparts in the US on all quarterly reports and support global consolidation
- Manage HMRC relationship and deliver suitable resolution to any outstanding queries
- Support continual personal and professional development of the team, managing their workloads when required
The successful candidate will ideally be either a Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent) with a strong technical accounting background or will be Tax Qualified (CTA/ATT or equivalent). A background working for either a leading accountancy firm or for a large corporate/blue chip organisation with both UK and International Tax reporting is highly desirable. Candidates will need to demonstrate strong Tax Compliance and technical accounting skills and a working knowledge of current Tax legislation. Strong IT skills will be key with knowledge of SAP or Alpha Tax highly desirable but not essential. Candidates will also be able to demonstrate strong communication and business partnering skills to ensure that Tax works across the business rather than in silo.