Rutherford Briant are seeking a dynamic and ambitious Corporate Tax Director for a very well established public practice firm in Cambridge.
The position reports to the Tax Partner assisting in all aspects of the department in what is essentially a shadow partner role.
- Strategically developing and marketing the tax department.
- To help initiate change and continuous improvement.
This is a role with a high degree of responsibility and autonomy in terms of how the services are delivered.
1. Acting as a tax consultant, giving advice and tax planning on a wide range of tax issues
2. Dealing with correspondence concerning client's affairs on a timely basis.
3. Ability to match technical competence of staff with specific assignments and ensure training happens where appropriate
4. Attending meetings in the office and on client premises at short notice, to offer specialist advice.
5. Responsible for undertaking detailed and more complex work on assignments across the firm.
6. Attending seminars, writing technical literature and making presentations.
7. Ensuring that firm's quality assurance procedures are adhered to and that excellent client care is maintained.
1. Play a supporting role to the business tax partner; especially managing the department when the partner is absent
2. Supervise more junior members of staff
3. Work with the business tax partner to create a department to deliver the firm and department strategy
1. Stay up-to-date on the latest technical developments and what services the competition are offering.
2. Ensure up to speed in new areas of technical competence in the tax field.
3. Maintain highest standards of client care for existing clients
4. To identify marketing opportunities both for additional services with existing clients and introducing new clients to the firm.
5. Raise the profile of the firm through networking, good client care and marketing initiatives
6. Create new opportunities and convert into new and profitable clients.
The successful candidate will be CTA Qualified with a broad range of Corporate Tax Management Experience, seeking an opportunity offering challenge, progression and reward in a very team orientated environment offering an excellent work/ life balance.