This is a key appointment as part of the internal tax business, this role has been newly created and will be look after the hub compliance function for the South of the UK.
The role will be resonsible for the following;
• Liaising with the client and the audit and accounting teams to organise year end site visits, reporting deadlines and being efficient in the provision of information;
• Reviewing tax computations prepared by junior members of the team;
• Reviewing current and deferred tax calculations (including listed companies, under IFRS, and under FRS102) using Alphatax and producing accounts disclosures including consolidated tax notes;
• Reviewing other Compliance work including CT61s and applications for Certificates of Residence;
• Ensuring WIP analysis and billing are kept up to date;
• Ensuring compliance status tracker is kept up to date;
• Sending out computations and returns for signature, and ensuring they are submitted on time;
• Sending payment reminders 6 weeks prior to when any liabilities are due;
• Ensuring client queries are responded to efficiently;
• Ensure files are of an appropriate standard for QCR purposes;
• Liaising with HMRC regarding various issues relating to corporate tax compliance;
• Maintaining up to date technical knowledge.
Manage a team of people. This will include:
• Being responsible for the annual and interim appraisals for these individuals;
• Being responsible for their personal development;
• Providing constructive feedback on an ongoing basis.
• Assist managers and partners of Tax Advisory with identifying specific advisory issues to consider e.g. R & D claims, internationally mobile employees, transfer pricing projects etc.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following;
• ACA and/or CTA
• Extensive experience of corporate tax compliance services;
• Demonstrate broad and strong technical tax knowledge and experience;
• Great team player - extensive experience of working as part of a team;
• Willingness to develop leadership skills;
• Interested in technology including robotics, analytics, data mining, data management;
• Able to build good client relationships;
• Able to build good relationships with members of the team;
• Broad experience of managing the financials on clients, and adjusting the approach to compliance work depending on the budget;
• Significant experience of developing project plans and ensuring deadlines are met;
• Some experience of identifying opportunities for business development on tax clients and across other service lines;
• Broad experience of coaching and mentoring junior members of the team;
• Ideally proficient in Alphatax;
For immediate consideration please forward your CV and covering letter to Alistair.Gray@reedglobal.com or contact 01202 585585 for a confidential discussion.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job