Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
Location: Surrey/Greater London Border
Our client is a top 20 firm of Chartered Accountants and Business Advisers providing a full range of accounting and business advisory services to a diverse range of businesses and individuals across the UK and overseas. They operate from regional offices across the South of England with a turnover in excess of £47 million.
Their approach is designed to give you the training you need to operate effectively, develop personally and consistently deliver the highest quality of service. The training programme offered is extensive and integral to their continued success.
In addition to the investment in your development, the work will be varied, with clients including small entrepreneurial start-up businesses - through to well established and listed entities.
Our client has continued to grow rapidly and remain ambitious in their plans for the future. With multiple avenues to progress experienced, motivated and enthusiastic people are guaranteed to succeed.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our client’s office for a corporate tax assistant manager or manager to join the team based in the town. The purpose of the role will be to provide compliance, support and tax advice to a portfolio of corporate clients.
Key duties will include:
- Preparation and review of corporation tax computations and returns
- Taking an active lead on our clients’ tax affairs by managing a portfolio of clients
- Providing support and training to the trainees in the team
- Preparation of tax advice for clients, including year-end planning
- Being involved with the day-to-day interactions with our clients and their tax affairs
- Working directly with the Tax Director and Partners to provide a comprehensive tax offering to the firm’s clients
- Assisting others in the tax team and the office with any tax queries and providing support on more technical advisory matters as required
- Developing client relationships to become a point of contact for client queries
- Meeting new clients and helping to grow the tax services offered by our client
Skills and Experience
- Qualified ACA, ACCA or CTA
- A solid tax background encompassing corporate tax issues or mixed tax
- An ability to manage a portfolio effectively and meet client expectations
- Team player able to develop good relationships with clients and within the firm
- Ability to manage workload and time effectively
- Self-motivation and positive attitude
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Effective problem solver
- Ability to use initiative to assist clients without direct support
- Working knowledge of Alphatax desirable but not essential
In return you will be offered:
A highly competitive package, including a generous array of benefits for you and your family. The atmosphere at our client’s top 20 office environment is warm and friendly and there will be the opportunity to work with some impressive clients in an environment not found in a conventional accounting firm.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job