Adecco are currently recruitng for a CORPORATE SUPPORT OFFICER to work within a Local Authority in Wandsworth.
CORPORATE SUPPORT OFFICER
CONTRACT (3 MONTH MIN.)
£14.78 PER HOUR
To be responsible for providing the Chief Executive and Assistant Chief Executives with effective, efficient and comprehensive office support across both civic offices. This includes inbox and diary management, and coordination of briefings, presentations and other materials as directed, working closely with the Head of Policy, Performance and Analysis.
"First point of contact", promoting a positive image of the Councils.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure that the services for both Councils are dealt with on an equitable basis to deliver the standards required for each, as agreed annually by the Executives of both Councils.
- To contribute as required to performance review and improvement measures on an ongoing basis, helping to ensure that a customer focus is embedded within the function and innovative and creative solutions are evaluated to securing the highest quality and value for money function.
- To work as required in ways that develop good working relations and collaborative arrangements with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provides a professional and customer focussed entry point to the Council that is friendly, welcoming, calm and discreet.
- Ensures that all contacts, however made (e.g. by telephone, email or in person) are logged/acknowledged and receive an appropriate and timely response.
- Acts as point of contact for requests for information, complaints and related enquiries relating to the Chief Executive's Unit; prioritises requests, etc. as necessary (for example those from Members of the Council or Members of Parliament) and ensures that these are dealt with promptly and appropriately;
- Takes responsibility for identifying where complainants seeking recourse to the Chief Executive should be referred to Departments and for re-directing telephone complainants and/or complaint correspondence accordingly; logs and records requests, etc.; monitors, progress-chases and liaises directly with requesters as necessary.
- Undertakes research and project work for the Chief Executive and, to a lesser extent, the Assistant Chief Executives; collects and collates information, including information relating to service standards and performance; analyses and manipulates information using spreadsheets and databases and produces reports as required; maintains appropriate systems and records.
- Formats, types and edits reports, letters, emails, etc. to the required corporate standard; creates and uses databases and spreadsheets as appropriate; prepares presentations for the Chief Executive (for example, to Council staff or external audiences) that are visually powerful and impactful, well designed and imaginative.
- Ensures that the Chief Executive and Assistant Chief Executives manage their time and diaries effectively; prioritises appointments; collates and provides papers and drafts briefing notes; arranges and attends meetings; sends invitations and reminders; organises rooms and refreshments; drafts, produces and distributes agendas and minutes; plans ahead and anticipates need (e.g. car parking, refreshments, presentation aides); shows initiative, anticipates pressure points and potential problems and takes appropriate action without having to be instructed on every occasion.
- Acts as an effective communication link for reports from the Chief Executive to the Leaders and Cabinet Members; liaises with the Leaders' secretaries to ensure that the Chief Executive is advised of feedback or comment from the Leaders and Cabinet Members on policy matters; establishes effective contacts with other directorate support officers across the Council; provides appropriate cover in the absence of the Leaders' secretaries.
Supports all statutory/regulatory audits and inspections, particularly those relating to the Chief Executive's responsibilities towards vulnerable children and adults.
Some evening working required
It is anticipated that one post will be based in the Wandsworth Town Hall and the other at the Richmond Civic Centre.
Some travelling between the two sites is likely, though should be infrequent. For example, to provide cover and/or support to his or her opposite number.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'