Purpose of job: To operate the day to day business of securing and transacting business in a professional manner, supporting the Management in promoting and achieving targets and budgets within the Hotel and managing the team in the Sales, Reservations, Revenue and Meeting & Events Office.
Key responsibilities: Customer care:
A positive personal image is presented to the customer and interaction is developed.
Feedback from customers is actively solicited. Problems affecting the customers are identified and interpreted and solutions generated which are actioned and evaluated
Customer complaints are monitored to identify trends and potential problems Opportunities for positive publicity are sought
- Procedures and legal requirements pertaining to safety, hygiene and security are adhered to
- The highest standards of personal health & hygiene are maintained at all times
- Energy efficiency is promoted to support the hotel GreenPolicy
- Training and development needs of direct reports are identified in relation to business plans and objectives
- Motivation is sustained through recognition, reward and incentives
- Contribution is made to the improvement of development processes
- Team members are encouraged to be entrepreneurial, think and share ideas. Individuals are coached in and given feedback on the daily performance of duties. Performance management processes are fully implemented in the department. Development actions are evaluated against business objectives
Succession planning needs are identified and people are developed accordingly
- Self-development needs are identified and agreed within a personal development plan and commitment made to its implementation
- Personal work planning is monitored and evaluated to enhance performance
- Initiative is taken to pursue opportunities for self-development and business opportunities through experimentation, networking and by seeking exposure to new challenges &experiences
Strong leadership and personal presence is projected
A long term vision for the business is established
- Business plans are devised, reviewed, evaluated and updated
- Information is obtained and evaluated to aid strategic decisionmaking
- Awareness of competitor activity and market forces is demonstrated inplanning
- Consultation with teams and individuals is undertaken to assist in strategic decision making and problem resolution
- Personal objectives are agreed and set in relation to the business strategy.
Marketing, Sales and costs:
- To positively promote marketing within the department and maximize every opportunity.
- To assist in controlling departmental costs within the standards set by the departmental manager.
- To assist in stock control measures implemented, in order to achieve budgeted profit margins
- To ensure security of cash,stock and equipment and to carry out all agreed departmental/Hotel procedures
Departmental key tasks:
- Negotiate with suppliers, finding out their key offers.
- To acquire new and potential business leads
- Liaising with suppliers on telephone, fax, internet and websites, face to face communication, site visits, while providing a consultative service to individual clients
- Understanding the hotel product with the ability to quote for all eventualities
- Dealing with clients on telephone, fax, email and responding to all requests in a professional ft timely manner, endeavoring to convert every call into a sale
- Understanding the business - GDS, third party systems, yield, wholesalers, Operators and Travel Agents, RFP's, Consortia, Multiples and the corporate/ airline market, inclusion in websites and links to keep the hotel at the forefront of the industry
- To promote Choice Hotel Group where possible
- To liaise with advertising company on the production of all adverts.
- To plan and organise sales promotions
- To plan and organise mailshots
- To plan and organise Fam trips, site inspections, corporate golf day etc. as required
- To ensure all administration work is complete, follow up calls, research calls, rate contracts etc. & communicate all negotiated rates to reservations, front office andaccounts
To represent the Choice Hotel Group at consumer fairs, trade exhibitions, seminars etc.
- To ensure credit procedures are followed in line with company policy
- To train all new team members
- To be fully aware of our competitors and the irrates
- To market the hotel both within Ireland and abroad
- To be familiar with the business activities of the hotel on a weekly basis
- To identify any P.R opportunities
- To be fully aware of events in London and the local area
- To maximise our revenue at all times
- To provide support in other areas of the hotel as necessary
- To carry out any reasonable request from senior manager
- To attend weekly revenue meetings and to ensure all items agree are actioned within the allocated time
- To efficiently and effectively control your departmental operation
-28 days annual leave including bankk holidays
-Free meal on duty
- Sales Director
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job