This is a fantastic opportunity to join a Private Equity-backed, multi-site leisure company. Due to recent investment this company is looking to grow rapidly opening multiple sites around Central London and potentially overseas. Due to this massive expansion, the company requires a Corporate Planning Analyst to be a vital member of a small team to improve the overall control framework before they engage with further growth.
Reporting directly to the FP&A Manager you will be responsible for taking ownership of and consolidating the business planning model. As well as offering important insight in monthly board reporting, leading cashflow forecasting and reporting process errors across the business. Acting as the leading business partner to the Property Acquisition and Development teams. Providing reporting and analytical support to the Capex Committee.
Key duties & responsibilities
- Taking responsibility for integrated business planning model, ensuring integrity of P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow, and implementing improvements over time.
- Become the cashflow expert of the commercial finance function - both forward and backwards looking
- Manage production of the monthly board report, including provision of insightful commentary on key performance and any variances
- Provide extensive support to the internal capex committee (senior mgmt. team) through development of accurate capex reporting and analysis, working with key stakeholders to ensure robust processes and controls are operating.
- Take ownership of existing site investment feasibility models, and deliver continual improvements to these to assist key strategic decision making.
- Acting as business partner to the Property Acquisition and Development teams to help drive commercial understanding through these teams, whilst ensuring controls are operating through significant capital investment projects
- Learn to use and then help manage our key MIS tool (IBM Planning Analytics), working with IT dept, IBM and the wider finance team.
- Provide assistance to the financial accounting team, enabling them to maximise efficiencies through additional utilisation of MIS tool.
- Play a key role in all quarterly, annual and long range forecasting and business plan exercises.
- Involvement in many ad-hoc business initiatives; providing commercial challenges and analytical support.
- Qualified accountant with 1-2 yrs PQE
- Demonstrable commercial skills, with experience working in an FP&A function
- Exceptional proven financial modelling, analytical and presentation skills
- Ideally experience of working with multi-dimensional databases (MIS tools)
- Preferably able to demonstrate experience and/or understanding of multi-site leisure/retail industry
- Effective prioritisation skills, and able to demonstrate flexibility in working practices
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job