My client is a prestigious wealth management firm based in central Norwich, a very attractive office setting they are an excellent employer and are looking to recruit someone with a background in working with pensions.
In this role you will report to the Pensions Administration Manager with the objective of working to deliver excellent customer service to both Clients and Insurers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- You will deal with all correspondence relating to Corporate Pensions clients, with particular emphasis on clients needs ensuring all relevant correspondence, telephone calls and meetings are conducted within agreed timescales whilst Treating Customers Fairly and demonstrating competence in accordance with the relevant FCA codes of practice.
- You will develop and maintain effective relationships at all levels with client contacts and insurance companies.
- You will ensure your workload is completed in accordance with Company and FCA codes of practice, procedures and guidelines, including Treating Customers Fairly. Reporting on any issues to Pensions Administration Manager.
- You will monitor and assess your own performance (in relevant areas) according to agreed standards and take necessary action to communicate/advise/assist according to performance levels
- You will complete any other duties and responsibilities considered appropriate by the Group
- You will refer clients to other areas of the Group where applicable
Skills & Knowledge
- A familiarity with Company and FCA codes and practice, including Treating Customers Fairly would be beneficial
- You will ideally have experience of corporate pension administration
- You must have good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- You should have good analytical and organisational skills
- You will have the ability to prioritise tasks and work in a structured and planned manner. You must be a Completer/Finisher
- You will have the ability to assimilate information from a variety of sources
- You will have an attention to detail (essential)
- You will be computer literate, including Word, Excel and database management
- You must have the ability to work on your own initiative but also as part of a team
- You must take ownership and responsibility for your work load
- You will have the ability to manage in an organised manner, multiple and simultaneous client needs
- You will have the ability to work well under pressure
- You will be a people person