My top tier Legal 100 legal Client are now seeking a Paralegal to join their thriving Corporate team based in Nottingham. The Corporate team act for financial institutions, SME's, owner managed businesses and PLC's on all aspects of corporate transactions. The team has specific experience and expertise in the energy, education, retail, logistics, healthcare and banking sectors. The firm also advise clients on matters relating to employee ownership. In the last 12 months my Client have completed more than 200 substantial deals with a large number having an enterprise value ranging from £20 to £50 million. In addition the firm deal with shareholder agreements, joint venture agreements, company formation arrangements and other aspects of corporate life.
You will provide fee earning and administrative support to a busy team, which includes partners and senior fee earners dealing with transactional and non-transactional corporate matters.
Your key duties will be:
- providing a mixture of paralegal and administrative support dealing with all aspects of corporate and some commercial work
- providing paralegal support on corporate transactions including: document production and managing due diligence exercises
- assisting with company secretarial services including: preparation of board minutes, Companies House Forms and other ancillary documents
- carrying out post-completion administration
- dealing with general correspondence
- handling telephone calls, diary management and dealing with queries where appropriate
- archiving and filing
Skills and experience you will have (ideally but not essential):
- previous experience of Companies Forms and Companies House filing
- a knowledge of the Companies Act 2006
- experience of using a case management system
- experience of having worked in a small team and the ability to cope in pressurised situations
- some experience within a similar role
Key competencies you will need:
- to be highly organised with flexibility during busy periods
- excellent attention to detail
- strong IT skills
- willingness to work hard with drive and enthusiasm
About you - you will be:
- self-motivated and with a desire to succeed
- tidy, well organised and motivated
- able to self-manage and take ownership of problems
- highly enthusiastic, willing to go the extra mile and be happy to go beyond the job description to be respectful towards others and have a positive, willing and 'can do’ attitude
- keen to learn, interested in driving your own career progression and be proactive in taking ownership of this
Ideally candidates will have a legal qualification and be interested to pursue a career in the law.
This role would suit ambitious candidates who are seeking their first step on to the legal ladder in terms of their career!
Please apply to Liz at TSR Legal