Contact Centre Assistant
Contract Type: Temporary
Hours: Full Time, 37 hours per week
Salary: £8.05 per hour
Immediate starters required
Do you possess a drive to deliver an exceptional customer service experience?
If so we are looking for individuals who would thrive in a fast paced contact centre environment and would like to hear from you. Immediate starters for our Contact Centre are required - apply today!
Our Service Centre prides itself on delivering excellent customer service through a high volume of calls and emails. Therefore the ideal candidate with be passionate about their delivery of customer service, combined with being adaptable to varying queries, whilst approaching their responsibilities with professionalism at all times.
Knowledge, skills and experience
* Experience of working in an office environment, handling a high volume of calls and resolving a high number of emails is essential
* Experience of working in a customer service environment/call centre is desirable
* General experience of dealing with Telephone and e-mail queries
* Confident at communicating on the phone
* Good working knowledge of IT packages e.g. Microsoft Excel, Word etc
* Performing against set targets
* Ability to work within a team
* Highly motivated approach to work
* Ability to build effective working relationships with colleagues
* Continually seeking to improve
Expectations of you:
* To work as part of an operational team, performing business processes for a defined service area ensuring quality, consistency, accuracy, timeliness and high performance.
* To respond to general customers written, oral or email enquiries in a timely and professional manner, in accordance with service standards.
* To provide all customers with a courteous and efficient service that promotes the values of Corporate Operations.
* Proactively promote the Corporate Operations vision and culture.
* Ensure that you undertake your day to day duties in line with the SLA's relevant to your role and that you continually look to meet or exceed customer expectations.
* Provide support to the implementation of changes and improvements to the service.
* To work flexibly across Corporate Operations and undertake such other tasks as may be reasonably required of you appropriate with your grade to support the business.
* To work to agreed targets, reporting proactively to your line manager where deadlines are at risk and to agree priorities.
* To participate in the performance management review process (My Performance), to take personal responsibility for the identification of learning and development opportunities and reflect on training needs for discussion with the line Manager.
Please note that Essex County Council has determined that the off-payroll working rules will apply to this assignment and where a worker elects to provide their services through an intermediary (such as a personal services company) then income tax and primary national insurance contributions will be deducted at source from any payments made to the intermediary.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
- Experience of working in an office environment
- handling a high volume of calls and resolving a high number of emails is essential
- Experience of working in a customer service environment/call centre is desirable