Supporting the team, you will take responsibility for managing third party logistics providers to maximise the availability of our products into the distribution centres and stores.
In conjunction with key stakeholders, you will be responsible for delivering a high quality and cost efficient inbound supply chain both through operational and project management. You will be working as part of a growing and developing supply chain team, looking for continuous improvement within your role to simplify processes and maximise efficiencies.
We do things our way at Aldi. But whatever we're doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we're opening new stores at lightning speed. And without our Corporate Logistics team, there'd simply be no products in those stores.
We now have a fantastic opportunity available for a Corporate Buying Logistics Assistant to join our team at the Aldi Head Office in Atherstone.
Working collaboratively with Buying, Suppliers, Logistics and Regional Distribution Centres you will optimise supply chain efficiencies including planning of production and distribution.
Responsibilities will include:
• Management and control of the inbound supply chain to deliver to agreed timeframes and KPIs
• Management of supplier KPI adherence
• Ensuring accuracy and maintenance of sales forecast data being delivered to the supply base
• Maintaining supplier availability throughout the year with particular focus on Christmas and other key events
• Internal and external stakeholder management at all levels of business
• Continuous improvement within role, simplifying processes and operations to maximise efficiencies
• Supporting the delivery of the department strategy as required
• Assisting Buying by monitoring supplier performance through in bound stock management and reporting
• Educated to GCSE level or equivalent
• Professional work experience within Logistics and Supply Chain Management
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
• Skilled in relationship building, problem solving and change management
• Confident communicator
• Organised with excellent attention to detail
• Able to multi-task, be proactive and work on own initiative both independently and as a team
• Able to investigate, analyse and challenge appropriately
• Able to manage a varied workload, conflicting deadlines and multiple projects simultaneously
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'