Corporate Legal Secretary - Central London £30-£35k DOE
Our client is seeking a Corporate Legal Secretary in the London Office. You will be working in a team of Partners and Associates - Experience is essential
- Prepare documents, including legal briefs, court subpoenas, spreadsheets and other office-related letters. Assisting lawyers to prepare for hearings, closings, trials and corporate meetings.
- Organise and maintain all legal files kept on-site. Also maintain electronic-filing databases.
- Provide lawyers with direct assistance, such as helping with research for cases, gathering necessary documents for trials and submitting paperwork to courthouses
- Other duties include scheduling client appointments, answering calls, taking notes during legal meetings and maintaining the firm's legal research references.
- Converse directly with lawyers, clerical personnel, courtroom staff members, clients, expert witnesses and commercial vendors.
- Typing correspondence, memoranda, complaints, motions, answers, warrants, subpoenas, commitments, hearing reports, interviews, depositions, briefs, points and authorities, extraditions, jury instructions, verdicts, opinions, ordinances, resolutions, contracts, and related legal documents.
- Responsible for the recording of trial information, dates, pleas, convictions, acquittals, sentences and other dispositions
- File documents with the courts.
- Provide any discovery or case information to the lawyers you are working with
- Proofreading and executing legal documents that include motions, appeals, accident reports for clients, complaints, subpoenas, and summons.
- Keep records of case files and maintain law libraries and other important documents.
- Follow-up with pending court cases, by keeping a track of the latest court decisions and introduction of new laws that may affect the case and assess legal publications for the same.
- Maintain necessary correspondence with clients by keeping them informed about the latest developments regarding a case, and sending across necessary documents via e-mail, fax or post.
- Legal secretary with experience working in a corporate team
- Applications from those in other legal disciplines will be considered.
- The individual will be professional and reliable, with a bright, enthusiastic personality and the ability to work effectively as part of a successful team
- Excellent copy, document production and digital audio typing skills of 65wpm
- Prioritisation and organisational skills.
- Corporate Legal Secretary
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'