We’re looking for an experienced Corporate lawyer to join our team, advising on and leading corporate transactional work, in particular M&A.
We see deals as projects and we like to think of our lead lawyers as project managers and problem solvers. Understanding the outcomes clients want to achieve, managing the process from beginning to end, identifying risks and putting them into context for clients, addressing them where needed.
People who spot issues quickly, and navigate through them just as easily. Great communicators who are well organised and driven by getting things done.
Of course, we don’t expect this without support and the support is there from the rest of our friendly, hard working team when you need it.
What we’re looking for
Our ideal candidate would have a minimum of 3 years experience with a solid knowledge of M&A, including drafting and negotiating SPA’s, price adjustment mechanisms, disclosure letters and shareholders’ agreements.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- The role focuses on high quality legal delivery, working to tight deadlines and serving a broad range of highly valued clients, ranging in size, complexity and value.
- You’ll be advising on a range of corporate M&A including purchases, disposals, reorganisations, buy-ins, buy-outs and joint ventures.
- You’ll engaging in the drafting, negotiating and reviewing of a wide variety of key corporate transactional documents, in particular share purchase agreements, asset purchase agreements and disclosure letters.
- You’ll play a key role in building and maintaining client relationships.
- You will have the skills to take on a high degree of responsibility and manage a challenging workload within a fast paced environment
- Sound technical and legal skills with a pragmatic approach and solutions focussed advice
- A good commercial understanding and excellent interpersonal skills
- Can deliver legal services as part of a multi-disciplinary offering
- Can embrace technology and process
- Skilled at analysing and managing legal and practical risk
- Has a desire to provide an excellent client service and the ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues and clients
The chance to be part of something different; we believe the delivery of professional services is changing and we’re excited about it. You’ll have the opportunity to join a growing team in a friendly and supportive environment.
Salary & benefits
- Competitive salary, reviewed annually
- Training and development on the job, working closely with experience lawyers
- We offer flexible working arrangements and remote working where possible. Please let us know if you require a flexible working arrangement and we’ll do our best to accommodate this.
- Private health insurance
- Life cover
- Good work life balance with flexibility
- Bonus scheme, based on performance
- Team socials outside of work
- Relaxed dress code
- You’ll be based in Maidstone, Kent but this will be a mixture of working from the office when required and from home
Our corporate team
You’ll be joining one of the most active M&A teams in the South East who specialise in working with acquisitive clients on 'buy and build’ growth strategies.
We’ve developed an innovative, process driven approach to delivering corporate transactions. It ensures transactions run smoothly but most of all efficiently, giving our clients price certainty. Because of this, we can complete deals in very tight timeframes.
We offer responsive and strategic advice to our clients, bringing complex problems into focus. Our aim is always to protect our clients’ businesses but in a way that allows them to achieve their commercial goals, setting them up for long-term sustainable growth and success.
Our team is creative, intelligent and our clients benefit from our personal, relationship driven approach. Not only is our team bursting with technically brilliant, commercially astute minds but we’re friendly, approachable and passionate about what we do.
We work with clients across a variety of sectors and sizes from small ownermanaged business, to private equity backed businesses and mid-sector corporates across the UK.
We have developed strong relationships with leading accountants, corporate finance advisors and regional banks and are recognised by clients and industry professionals for our commercial approach and the quality and responsiveness of our service.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'