Please visit premierir.co.uk for details of this role and many more.
This is an internal role with occasional visits to see Clients accompanied by the Account Executive. You will provide a quality service to existing clients, covering all aspects of their insurance arrangements; to advise, arrange and secure the appropriate cover at a competitive premium.
To administer the insurance arrangements for the protection of the material assets and liabilities of clients.
To be aware of market developments in your business areas and bring them to the attention of clients and colleagues, where appropriate.
To carry out all business activity strictly within the rules and requirements of the Financial Conduct Authority and to be aware of and maintain up-to-date knowledge of the regulatory environment as it applies to your work areas.
Principle Objectives and Responsibilities:
- To ensure the fair treatment of our customers and prospective customers.
- Deal with mid-term adjustments, renewals and assist executives with new business presentations in the commercial insurance market according to company procedures and practice, referring to senior colleagues, experts or insurers when issues fall outside own experience and knowledge.
- Carry out instructions regarding the arrangement or amendment of insurance for clients, referring the query to the appropriate person when the enquiry falls outside own knowledge and experience
- Deal with telephone enquiries promptly referring the query to the appropriate person when the enquiry falls outside own knowledge and experience.
- Ensure that all communications with insurers or customers are accurately recorded as per the Firm’s usual procedures.
- Input new business, amendments and renewals to maintain accurate records, keeping hard-copy records on customer files where appropriate in accordance with the firm’s standard procedures.
- Exercise judgement when reviewing proposals, either new or renewals, referring to a senior colleague or insurer when appropriate
- Attach correct policy wordings to certificates including any other wording (exclusions, conditions, warranties, etc) in respect of self-issue policies.
- Liaise with Insurers, other company staff and Claims Handlers when appropriate.
- Where appropriate to carry out other reasonably assigned tasks within the company.
- Carry out regular training as appropriate to the position held and areas of activity, to maintain competencies in accordance with FCA requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of agreed commercial insurance classes including current market conditions.
- Knowledge and understanding of FCA rules and guidelines relating to commercial and private customers.
- Knowledge and understanding of all company specific procedures.
- Willingness to continue to develop knowledge of insurance and related issues through formal and informal learning, both internal to the firm, and externally.
Please note that we try to notify Candidates regarding the success of their job applications, however, this is not always possible, due to the high level of applications received. If you do not hear from us within 10 days, please note that unfortunately you have not been successful with regard to this particular role in Hinckley, Wolvey, Leicestershire
- Commercial Insurance
- Communication Skills