Corporate Health & Safety Co-ordinator
£21,500 + car allowance
37.5 hours per week
Hereford or Stourbridge
We have an excellent opportunity for a permanent Corporate Health and Safety Co-ordinator to join our team.
This is an exciting development opportunity for an experienced administrator to form a career in health and safety. The applicant will be supported to complete relevant health and safety qualifications up to and including a level three qualification in health and safety.
Key accountabilities and measures;
- To be the first point of contact for health and safety queries, recording, collating and distributing any queries or claim correspondence to relevant members of the compliance team and Stonewater’s Insurance Officer.
- Arrange Safety Management Committees and Safety Group meetings, attending them and taking accurate minutes.
- Ensure health and safety records, systems and reports are regularly prepared and updated within tight timescales, escalating any issues that may arise from this work.
Skills and Experience;
The successful candidate will have;
- A good understanding and experience of IT packages, with knowledge of maintaining intranet sites.
- Experience of working in a social housing environment
- An ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, with strong interpersonal skills
- A thorough approach to administration and attention to detail
- An ability to organise and prioritise work in order to meet deadlines
- Can work harmoniously with others, helping to generate a positive team atmosphere whilst building effective working relationships
- Has a commitment to creating a safe and healthy environment for our teams and residents
- A demonstrable commitment to undertake additional training and vocational qualifications
- Educated to GCSE standard with NVQ Level 2 in business administration or equivalent experience.
This role requires the post holder to hold a full UK driving licence.
We are an ambitious social housing provider, with an annual turnover of £181 million and £1.7 billion in assets who manage around 31,500 homes in England for over 65,000 customers.
Our extensive portfolio consists of affordable properties for general rent, shared ownership and sale, alongside specialist accommodation such as retirement and supported living schemes for older and vulnerable people, Foyers and women’s refuges.
We offer an opportunity work for a leading social housing provider who transforms people’s lives; where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
With a bold house-building programme and ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and passionate, Stonewater is the right place for you.
Closing date: 23rd September 2018
Interview date: Stourbridge: 02nd October 2018 Hereford: 04th October 2018
Stonewater supports equality of opportunities and is working towards developing a diverse workforce. We welcome all applications.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'