S006 Front of House Officer
I am currently recruiting for a variety of security positions for my client who provide their security services to a blue-chip client in the City of London. They have recently opened a new European Head Office building and are currently looking for security professionals to join their team.
The shift pattern on offer for this role is a Rolling roster
- On a rolling roster i.e. a 12 hrs shift changing at 07:00 and 19:00 hrs and 3 days, 4 nights, 3 off, 4 days, 3 nights and 4 off shift pattern giving an average of 56 hours per week
The Security Officer will be a highly experienced corporate security officer providing a high level of security and customer service. This position will be the first point of contact and greeter for persons entering the building, ranging from employees to guests. On occasion, these officers may need to field questions about the building or the surrounding area from employees, guests or members of the public. The FoH position will be part of a professional, credible and uniformed security team. Officers assigned to these positions must have excellent communication skills and be confident to engage efficiently and effectively with individuals in a professional and polite manner. The FoH team positions will be required to stand for extended periods of time during their shift, therefore, stamina and the ability to remain focussed on the duties and responsibilities is paramount. Officers will have a sound understanding of security principles and customer service. The Officer will be asked to perform outdoor work, however outdoor work wear will be provided. Their hours will be closely managed to ensure that they have sufficient work however, a level of flexibility is required as there is likely to be a need to cover duties at short notice. It is envisaged that the Support Officer will have the skills of both the Core and FoH officers to give flexibility as they will be equipped and able to cover both roles. As well as working in a modern building the client provides refreshments and snacks at no charge and security staff are free to enjoy these when on their breaks during a shift. They are however only for consumption on site and in reasonable quantities.
- Control all aspects of access and egress to the building
- Maintain security of persons and property on the estate
- Ensure that uniform is clean, pressed and of the highest standards at all times
- Report all safety issues to the Building Security Operations Centre or Shift Manager immediately
- Report all technical security issues to the Building Security Operations Centre or Shift Manager immediately
- Carry out thorough ID checks to company standards and searches of areas and persons in accordance with assignment instructions
- Operate security search and screening equipment during periods of heightened security
- Provide security escort to all areas of the building as and when required
- Operate in emergencies, evacuations and events that may occur.
- Field staff, visitor and tenant enquiries
- Undertake management of luggage storage, screening and handling function
- Ensure all personal equipment is serviceable and in good working order
- Possess current SIA licence
- Previous corporate security experience is a must
- Previous customer service or hospitality experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read, understand and follow instructions
- Punctual with a good attendance record
- Be flexible in their work pattern
- Good appearance and presentation
- Be responsive in emergency situations
- Ability to stand for extended periods
- Team player
- Security Officer position will report directly to the Shift Manager
- Represent the company and their client in a professional manner
- Provide the highest levels of quality in Security and customer service.
- Be vigilant to the Health & Safety risks, reporting any such issues immediately
- Be responsive to clients, visitors, vendors and the general public
- Commitment to punctuality and support team function
- Know and understand assignment instructions and follow delegated instructions
- Deal with conflict in an appropriate manner if required
- Fully understand the emergency procedures for the building
- Protect and respect any issued property/equipment
Pay rate £11.08, free drinks and snacks whilst on duty
I do try to reply to each application personally, however I anticipate a very high number of applications for this role and therefore it may not be possible to do this. Therefore, if I do not contact you within seven days of your application for this role has not been successful. However, I will retain your CV and I will advise you of future roles that may be of interest. Fairford Associates operates as an Employment Agency introducing work-seekers to client employers for direct employment by those employers.
- Corporate Security
- Front House
- Security Operations
- SIA Licence
- Front of house
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job