An exciting opportunity has become available working for a global client with an office located in central Milton Keynes. Our client is looking for a Financial Accountant to join a very busy team managing one of their larger client accounts on a full time permanent basis.
This role would be a great role for a newly qualified or part qualified person who is looking for a hands on challenging role where they can work as part of a close, solid and enthusiastic team.
- Prepare accurate management accounts, adding value wherever possible (technical, problem solving).
- Schedule, supervise, and review work to ensure appropriate standards are met.
- Ensure effective controls are in place to ensure compliance of company policies and procedures.
- Ensure client deadlines & expectations are met or exceeded (client focus, managing self and others, goal/results focus).
- High quality service provided to all clients (client focus, attention to detail/quality).
- Monitor the workloads of assistant team members and provide cover where necessary.
- Review work undertaken by the assistant team members, providing feedback and development objectives
- Assist in ensuring the performance of the team is controlled and monitored against set targets and procedures.
- Conduct an analytical review of the P&L, variance analysis and appropriate commentary.
- Take responsibility for all balance sheet and payroll reconciliations.
- VAT returns preparation, EC sales list, P11d’s and intra stat accounts preparation
- Responsible for the preparation and completion of all relevant CEAPS, engagement letters, under recovery forms and billing.
- Responsible for identifying early any out of scope/ change management requirements and ensuring these are properly documented
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the management accounts including entries instructed by the client
- Demonstrate an understanding of the client’s business
- Train and develop the team on an ongoing basis, identifying individuals’ strengths and development areas.
- Ensure the team is aware of its priorities and goals, and that team members are working together to achieve these.
- Completion of Earnings Summaries for client’s private tax accountants to complete returns
- Tax equalization schedules
- Assistance with providing tax team information to complete P11D’s/PSA
- Ensuring adherence to relevant client policies regarding approval for payment of requested items
- Ideally you will have SAP experience but this is not essential
- You will have a minimum of 5 years experience of working within a varied accounts role
- The ability to take charge and support managers with supervision when required
- To be Qualified or Part Qualified studying towards an accounting qualification
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Balance Sheet
- Vat Returns
- Year End Accounts
- Payroll Services
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job