Our client is a leading accountancy firm and is looking to recruit a Corporate Finance Sector Analysts.
The role of CF Advisory Sector Analyst and Operations works closely with their allocated Corporate Finance sector team, providing research analysis, project management, business development (BD), events support, and knowledge management.. We are looking to recruit an individual, focused on Business Support Services (BSS).
The main focus of the role is to be a key part of the sector team providing direction and drive. Specific responsibilities include providing support and high quality analysis for pitches, proposals and the generation of new work, identifying and acting on commercial opportunities in a timely manner and raising the profile of the team as sector specialists both internally and externally.
• Provides support for pitches and proposals, utilizing sector knowledge, identifying best-fit buyers and coordinating credentials
• Takes ownership for driving and organizing sector BD initiatives in collaboration with sector BD Manager and the sector team
• Coordinates marketing and post deal mailers for the sector team, effectively capitalizing on deal completions as well as current marketing collateral
• Develops a strong understanding of key drivers and trends in the sector through monitoring and regular contact with key participants
• Is confident in being client facing, capable of participating in pitches and client meetings to provide sector knowledge and understanding of buyer rationale. The role would also provide scope for the candidate to develop their own portfolio of contacts
• Is central to strategically raising the profile of the sector team, internally by promoting a cross-line of service agenda and externally, by liaising with intermediaries and potential partners in the sector and developing events and networking opportunities
• Understands the importance of knowledge management and maintains databases of sector metrics including deal activity, valuation data and market metrics
• Drives thought leadership production for M&A, liaising with appropriate teams to ensure it is executed in a timely manner and that marketing potential is maximised
• Whilst focused on the Corporate Finance sector team, the individual needs to be aware of opportunities across the different service lines, and keep all key persons internally aware of opportunities
Who we're looking for:
• You'll have a genuine interest in our clients. We want to provide a distinctive service and unlock potential for growth in dynamic organisations.
• You'll know that what you do matters. As an organisation we want to be known for how we do business, not simply what we do. So, we need people who know that every act matters from the simple things to the insights we bring to clients.
• You'll seize opportunities. We want to adapt quickly and wisely to changing conditions to optimise growth for both our clients and ourselves.
• You'll apply critical reasoning to bring clarity and insight. We do it by asking great questions, listening and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience to really help others grow.
Education, experience and qualifications:
• Educated to degree level or equivalent
• Have a keen interest in the Business Support Services or TMT sectors
• Good business analysis experience, preferably gained within a professional services environment or within the sector of focus
• Excellent commercial awareness and ability to be involved in client-facing activities
• Strong intrapersonal skills
• Strong organisational and project management skills
• Strong knowledge of MS PowerPoint, Excel & Word, internet and email
• Existing knowledge of research tools (Bureau Van Dijk, Mergermarket, Factiva, Factset) would be desirable but not essential