Corporate Finance Manager / Corporate Finance Director
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Regional Accounting Firm who are looking to recruit their first Corporate Finance Manager/Director as part of their expansion into the CF space, with the opportunity of future partnership with the firm. Reporting to the Managing Partner, you will be required to set up the new department from the beginning, managing all end-to-end delivery of buy & sell side transactions with some support from other teams. The role will allow you to build sustainable and profitable client relationships from their existing client pool, deal with third party advisers and cross-sell your expertise to the other general practice teams. Key duties include:
• Managing a broad range of companies across sectors including private equity, blue chip corporates, OMBs and mid-market businesses.
• Identifying key drivers of a business, improving deal structures, mitigating risks and working with clients to improve future performance
• Managing a range of deals including buy & sell side transactions, MBOs, MBI’s, capital raising, debt financing and potential stock market listings
• Planning and reviewing transaction deliverables in various forms including written reports, presentations and discussions with clients
• Building on and developing internal and external networks through your own personal contacts in Corporate Finance
• Understanding the capabilities of the firm and looking for opportunities to sell additional services to clients
• Playing a key role in future business plan initiatives for the department (e.g. key accounts, recruitment, client service framework)
• Taking responsibility for your own learning and development, recruiting for a new team as business mandates are won and delivered
To be considered for the position you should be a high performer with a strong academic background and at least five years transaction services/M&A experience within a major accountancy practice, corporate finance boutique or investment bank. You should ideally hold an ACA/ACCA qualification, possess strong transaction and deal-flow skills with the ability to work to tight reporting deadlines. With strong project management skills too and the ability to build relationships based on trust and deliverability, you should be comfortable liaising with business owners, CEO/MD’s and Finance Directors. Working to build up a team for the future means there will be an opportunity to gain broad corporate finance experience along with rapid career progression up to Partner.
On offer is a salary up to £75,000 depending on experience, a deals-based bonus scheme, 25 days holiday, healthcare/pension schemes and other flexible benefits. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) Office by telephone or via email at admin@ mcginnisloy.com
For other opportunities in Finance & Accounting or Public Practice within the Thames Valley, London & Midlands please visit our website at www.mcginnisloy.com. McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act.
Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile
- Corporate Finance
- Due Diligence
- M&A analysis
- Operational Due Diligence
- Strategic M&A