Our client is a vibrant and dynamic firm of Chartered Accountants and business advisers, with offices in Blackburn, Burnley and Bury, covering East Lancashire, Greater Manchester and beyond. We have ambitious growth plans and were recently placed 3rd in the 2016 Accountancy Age Top 10 UK Employers.
They are a member of Praxity, the 7th largest global accountancy organisation. Being part of a global network allows our client to have international connections and a great source of secondment opportunities.
An opportunity has arisen to join the corporate finance team.
The team is currently made up of two partners, supported by individuals from the other departments within the firm.
Job purpose and primary objectives:
To work as part of the corporate finance team providing an excellent advisory and transaction support service to corporate clients in accordance with the firm’s values, procedures, prevailing legislation and good professional practice so as to meet or exceed clients’ expectations and needs.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Good commercial awareness
- Comfortable dealing with clients and other professionals
- Experience of preparing of forecasts would be good but not a requisite
- Reporting writing skills essential
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Flexible working essential
Reporting and performance management:
Reporting to the corporate finance partners directly.
Quarterly performance reviews, alongside an annual personal development plan, to ensure development is maintained to help you reach your full potential.
Professional, technical and soft skill training.
We also want you to be:
- Keen to play an active role in a dynamic team and willing to contribute to the success of the team and the firm as a whole.
- Passionate about providing great client service.
- Great at communicating with people at all levels - face to face and in writing.
- Positive and good at using your initiative.
- Organised and good at working under pressure.
- Motivated and well organised.
Our ideal applicant will:
- Be familiar with the use of recognised software applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and a tax return software package).
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills as there will be contact with clients at all levels.
- Have good organisational skills as well as the ability to take initiative and contribute to the effective running of the department.
- Must be ACA or ACCA qualified
Salary and Benefits:
- Up to £35k salary package
- 23.5 days’ holiday per annum + bank holidays (3.5 days to be used for the Christmas closedown)
- On site free parking
- Flexible benefits (salary sacrifice) scheme including a range of benefits such as private
- medical insurance, child care vouchers, extra holidays etc.
- Employer pension contribution of 6%
- Death in Service life cover of 4 x salary
- Full technical training and support
- Communication Skills
- Corporate Finance