Corporate Finance Assistant Director M & A
Location: Glasgow Job Title: Corporate Finance Assistant Director (M & A)
Your new company
You will be working for one of the world's leading professional services organisations. With a truly global presence the Corporate Finance team provide confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take a. The key skills they are looking for are; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships. A career in our Mergers and Acquisitions practice, within Deals Corporate Finance services, will provide you the opportunity to deliver innovative deal solutions to our clients, providing advice and support, from initiation through to deal completion.
The team offers strategic advice to investors and companies undertaking mergers and acquisitions or investment opportunities. You'll help clients by providing client specific commercial insight, market and competitor overviews, and investment/divestment advice and modelling.
Your new role
You'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. You will proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, be involved in the financial management of clients, be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients, develop project strategies to solve complex technical challenges for our clients and manage and deliver large projects by developing the project team, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team. Over the coming months and years you will shape and deliver projects to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients and our own quality criteria, train, coach, and supervise team members, continue to develop internal relationships.
As a result of the team's current activity levels and future anticipated level of deal flow, we are now seeking to recruit a manager or senior manager (dependent on experience) to join the established Scottish M&A team. This role would represent an exceptional opportunity to join one of the UK's market leading corporate finance practices and assist in growing its regional footprint.
Within this varied role you will;
- Managing teams or people and acting as a coach and mentor to junior team members
- Preparation of information memorandum, business plans, client presentations and pitch documents
- Participation in client presentations and meetings
- Detailed industry and company analysis
- Financial modelling and analysis of transactions
- Preparation and co-ordination of project deliverables
- Project managing transactions and liaising with multiple parties
- Regular networking at internal and external events
- Business development activities including identification and targeting of potential opportunities, and developing a strong personal network of contacts
What you'll need to succeed
You will be CA or ACA qualified accountant and will have experience in an M&A transaction environment, strong analysis capabilities, client focus and flexible/agile worker, willingness and ability to learn quickly, strong analytical skills and ability to grasp commercial issues, strong attention to detail whilst retaining an open mind to new ideas, strong written skills with demonstrable experience of producing high quality, tailored documents and the ability to build effective working relationships and to work in teams.
In addition you will have the ability to work with a range of clients from entrepreneurs to corporates, excellent interpersonal skills and confidence when interacting with others, experience of managing teams and acting as a coach to junior team members, an ability to work accurately under time pressure and manage multiple commitments and will be highly proficient in MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
We would expect interested applicants to be able to demonstrate the following attributes
- CA or ACA qualification or equivalent experience gained in a banking or consulting training programme
- Experience in an M&A transaction environment
- Strong analysis capabilities
- Client focus and flexible/agile worker
- Willingness and ability to learn quickly
- Strong analytical skills and ability to grasp commercial issues
- Strong attention to detail whilst retaining an open mind to new ideas
- Strong written skills with demonstrable experience of producing high quality, tailored documents
- Ability to build effective working relationships and to work in teams
- Ability to work with a range of clients from entrepreneurs to corporates
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence when interacting with others
- Experience of managing teams and acting as a coach to junior team members
- Ability to work accurately under time pressure and manage multiple commitments
- Highly proficient in MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint
What you'll get in return
This exciting opportunity gives exposure to a really interesting and diverse client base with excellent career progression available for the right candidate. Glasgow is seeing a large level of investment from some big businesses currently and you are 30 minutes drive away from some of the UK's most stunning countryside. With all the amenities you would expect from Scotland's largest cities house prices in Glasgow remain modest making the city a great option for the savvy re-locator. Of course if you are already based in central Scotland we would also love to hear from you.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'