Working closely with your Buying Director, you'll make sure that they have everything they need to negotiate the very best deals.
Our buying teams - if it's possible - have to move even quicker than the rest of the business. And they have to keep ahead of our customers too: second-guessing what they want and need before they do. You'll get involved in every aspect of the buying lifecycle, from putting together tender documents and crunching numbers, to preparing samples and reviewing market data. The proposals start with you.
We do things our own way at Aldi. But whatever we're doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we're opening new stores at lightning speed. And to keep on top of that wave, our buying teams have to do something pretty special to keep our customers coming back for more.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Buying Assistant to join our busy team
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Have full and thorough knowledge of products and suppliers
• Manage the efficient and accurate flow of communication both internally and externally
• Actively manage your area of responsibility, driving innovation and change
• Manage all due diligence, advertising and related issues for all products issue
• Understand complex POS/financial data and be able to analyse this on Excel
• Manage the Buying Director’s diary
• Maths and English GCSEs or equivalent
• Experience in a buying role
• Strong excel skills
• Exceptional levels of organisation and time management
• Ability to effectively manage suppliers