Working closely with your Buying Director, you'll make sure that they have everything they need to negotiate the very best deals.
Our buying teams – if it's possible – have to move even quicker than the rest of the business. And they have to keep ahead of our customers too: second-guessing what they want and need before they do. You'll get involved in every aspect of the buying lifecycle, from putting together tender documents and crunching numbers, to preparing samples and reviewing market data. The proposals start with you.
We do things our own way at Aldi. But whatever we're doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we're opening new stores at lightning speed. And to keep on top of that wave, our buying teams have to do something pretty special to keep our customers coming back for more.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Buying Assistant to join our busy Produce team within our Corporate Buying Department.
• Have full knowledge of products and suppliers
• Fully responsible for managing Supplier's on every operational aspect
• Manage the efficient and accurate flow of communication both internally and externally
• Actively manage their area of responsibility through driving innovation and change
• Understand complex POS/financial data and be able to analyse this on Excel
• Display ownership for the category, namely: issues, innovation, idea generation
• GCSE Maths and English (Minimum grade C) or equivalent
• High Energy
• Exceptional levels of organisation and time management
• Hard working and flexible
• Open and honest in communication
• Ability to lead and manage suppliers
• Personal interest in the category
• Commercial acumen
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'