Corporate Associate 2+ years'PQE Magic Circle Firm
Corporate Associate position in one of the world's leading international law firms. The firm has an extensive corporate, financial institutions, commercial and financing practice. It also has strong practices in Dispute Resolution, Intellectual Property, Financial Regulation, Tax, Competition, Real Estate and Pensions and Employment.
The company also provides excellent benefits for their employees, from further legal and business training to comprehensive wellness and lifestyle schemes.
Role and responsibilities
- Advising on the legal and commercial aspects of a wide range of Corporate and Commercial matters including mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and outsourcing etc.
- Drafting, reviewing and amending the legal and commercial aspects of documentation
- Advising on the legal and commercial aspects of the full range of equity-related capital market transactions including initial public offerings and equity-related secondary issues and offering
- Ability to advise on the legal and commercial aspects of all private equity work
- Providing efficient professional support for partners
- Developing professional relationships with clients
- Supporting the wider team in developing business and raising the profile of the firm
- Managing/supervising the work of others including trainees
- Experienced in running negotiations/meetings under minimal supervision
- High level of professionalism and integrity
Key skills and attributes
- Appropriate level of post-qualification experience (we anticipate approximately 2+ years) in a City, major regional or leading international firm
- Broad exposure across a range of high value commercial and corporate transactions
- Ability to draft, advise and negotiate in relation to complex transactions
- First rate legal/commercial knowledge
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Excellent efficiency and transaction management skills
- Ability to develop and work in a fast paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Strong academic background and a demonstrable, high level of intellectual analysis
- Resilient under pressure with the ability to manage multiple deadlines