Corporate Accounting Analyst
Line Manager Finance Manager
The role is based in the Corporate Reporting team in Peterborough. This is a 12/13 month contract to cover maternity leave.
The main duties include the preparation and posting of monthly cashbooks, the reconciliation of News UK Intercompany, quarterly and annual reporting of News UK's main trading entities and the preparation of statutory financial statements.
- Preparation and maintenance of monthly excel based cashbooks including posting to the general ledger.
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations including the News UK Intercompany matrix with timely resolution of reconciling items.
- Preparation and maintenance of the monthly balance sheet matrix sign off.
- Analysis and clearance of GRNI purchasing groups.
- Preparation of monthly financial information for News UK's main trading entities and quarterly FDM uploads for head office entities.
- Preparation of annual UK statutory financial statements.
- Review requests for new/changes in SAP access through utilisation of the GRC tool ensuring approval and appropriate segregation of duties are maintained.
- Supporting other areas of Corporate Reporting as required including involvement in News UK's SOX programme, US Tax compliance and Country by Country reporting.
- Analysis - demonstrate the ability to analyse large volumes of data and reconcile in clear and concise methods.
- Reporting & Compliance - Displays the ability to follow reporting processes ensuring adherence to internal controls.
- Business Knowledge & Expertise - Awareness of key commercial drivers of the business and show the ability to be able to react to changes in reporting requirements.
- Systems - Strong SAP and Excel skills required. Previous working experience of Hyperion and Onesource would be advantageous.
- Qualification and Experience - Accounting technician standard minimum. PQ ACCA/CMIA preferable.
- Leadership - Not required.
- Communicating & Influencing - maintains appropriate communication and networks to all stakeholders.
- Relationship Management - develop trusting relationships with internal customers, team and clients.
- People & Resource Management - displays ability to organise self to meet agreed delivery standard and deadlines.
- Setting Direction & Decision Making - prioritise work to align to changing requirements of finance and business.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with people across the business.
- Proactive approach and good attention to detail.
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.