111 Call Handler - Coronavirus Calls
Job Type: Temporary
Duration of temporary booking: This is a temporary ongoing role with no end date specified at this stage
Start date: ASAP
Training details: 1 week, Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. Candidates must be free and available to attend all 5 days.
Working days and hours: Monday to Sunday working shifts between 8am to 8pm (working 5 shifts per week, 37.5 hours per week)
Essential: Candidates must be flexibility to work Monday to Sunday between 8am to 8pm
Mon - Fridays - £10 umbrella per hour
Our client is looking for candidates with strong customer service and administration experience to deliver an efficient appointments service for face to face consultations in accordance with agreed protocols.
- Dealing with a high volume of inbound calls from the public regarding the Coronavirus
- The assessment of patients’ needs supported by local policies and Decision support computer software to ensure that patients are prioritised appropriately and directed to the correct end point.
- Liaising with other agencies and healthcare providers to ensure patients are appropriately directed.
- Utilisation of communication skills in management of challenging calls and child protection concerns.
- To keep accurate records of clinical enquiries to the service.
- To adhere to, and maintain an up to date, knowledge local policies and procedures.
- Support the implementation of new policies and procedures as required
- To work co-operatively within the organisation, sharing and utilising areas of knowledge and skills to enhance patient care. To display effective keyboard and work processing skills by:
- To perform general administrative duties, when workload
- Actively participate in continuous quality improvement measures including self-review.
- To support line management through undertaking additional delegated administrative tasks when required to support effective service delivery, e.g. entering information onto existing databases.
- To provide simple health information advice in line with NHS policies and approved sources.
- Previous 111 Call Handler experience (highly desirable)
- Previous customer service and administration experience (ideally gained within a healthcare environment)
- Experience dealing with a high volume of inbound calls
- Previous experience working in a medical and healthcare environment (advantageous)
- The skill and ability to deal with stressful and high pressured inbound 111 emergency calls
- Skill and experience to remain calm in crisis situations
- Ability to deal effectively with difficult and stressed individuals and customers
- Ability to work a range of out of hours and unsocial shifts including evening, nights, weekends and Bank Holidays on a temporary full-time basis
Please Note: Candidates must have a current in date enhanced DBS in place in order to commence employment. If you do not currently hold an in date enhanced DBS, this may be applied for during your application process.
- Call Centre
- Customer Service
- Decision Support
- Call Logging
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'