Core Systems Engineering Principal Engineer
Core Systems Engineering
Your new company
A large British company which provides fixed and mobile telephone, television and broadband internet services to businesses and consumers in the United Kingdom.
Your new role
- Building a standard build for Red Hat 7 and Centos 7 operating system
- Very strong package management skill and that needs to be reflected in the CV
- The ability to create ISO images for multiple roll out
- The ability to test Red Hat 7 and Centos 7 against a number of applications and that needs to be reflected in the CV
- Proven record / ability to work in the LAB to create / test and document at every stage and that needs to be reflected in the CV
What you'll need to succeed
Specific Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years previous engineering experience gained within a large commercial environment
- Deep understanding and experience of relevant technologies and systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to form strong business relationships across multiple locations
- Strong record in a technical environment, including communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Timeliness in all actions with quality consciousness towards services received and provided
- Experience of analysing, assessing and resolving complex technology requirements, problems and issues
- Strong experience in designing, integrating and deploying systems in a dynamic, high pressure working environment
- Proven ability to manage high value and complex vendor relationships in a cable / telecommunications environment
- Demonstrate strong influencing and persuading skills, encourage colleagues and teams to change established processes and achieve improvements and best practice
Specific Skills & Abilities:
- Co-creates and executes Strategy
- Implements on the T&I objectives as reflected in the company's strategic objectives and the pillars of one promise, one plan, one company
- Innovates with a customer focus
- Surprises and delight our customers and innovates based on the needs of tomorrow
- Entrepreneurial Drive for Results
- Tenacious and relentless in their drive for results. Striving to achieve simplicity for our customers and employees
- Lives One Company
- Works across our matrix/footprint to achieve the best outcome for the business, our customers, employees and shareholders
- Leads and Inspires
- Authentic, transparent and considerate. Works hard to create a Winning Team
- Experience in developing large-scale carrier network architectures and solutions designs obtained either with a network operator or equipment supplier.
- Detailed technical knowledge of ISP systems and Core network technologies, architectures.
- A good understanding of technical trends and developments within the telecoms industry
What you'll get in return
8 week contract with possibility of extension, Day Rate £Neg
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job