Core Operations Engineers form a small, fast-paced global team dedicated to managing the deployment, maintenance, and enhancement of a sophisticated electronic trading system operating on hundreds of venues around the world. They are positioned at the very forefront of our technology's interaction with the financial markets, requiring them to work well under high-stress situations and have an ability to react decisively and quickly in time-sensitive situations. This team is the first point of contact for all our external trading connections and, as such, they perform a dynamic mix of functions. This includes everything from counterparty support to risk management and system triage/optimization.
Our Core Operations Engineers operate at a high-level in a Linux environment to solve complex technical problems and work with traders and exchanges to understand micro-market structure. A strong interest in the markets and technology is a must. This is a unique job opportunity to become an integral part of a fast-paced electronic trading environment.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent working knowledge of Linux environments
- Competence in at least one programming language - preferably Python / Bash / Perl / Go or similar.
- Ability to be cool under pressure and at ease in high-stress, time-sensitive environments
- Interest in high transaction environments and/or low-latency systems.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong academic record
- Technical agility; interest in innovative technologies
Always a plus:
- Working with financial systems or knowledge of the global financial market place
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with configuration management platforms (i.e. Ansible, Puppet or Salt)
- Knowledge of networking, both TCP and UDP
- Extremely competitive compensation, including yearly discretionary bonus
- Health insurance for staff, partners, and dependents
- Daily catered meals
- Laundry service
- Onsite gym facilities
- Monthly Barber
- Yoga classes
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job