Core Java Developer VP - Investment Management
This is a great opportunity to join a world leading global Investment Management organisation, gain a broad mix of skills and gain exposure to new Big Data & Data Science tools such as Cassandra, Spark & Scala.
This opportunity is ideal for a data-centric developer with Core Java experience, within finance or technology. As a VP Core Java Developer, you will be looking at the investment platform strategically, making it more robust, developing risk tools and dashboards, provide architectural input and mentor other team members.
The Core Java Developer will play a vital role in developing and extending the existing data warehouse & analysis platform, helping to tackle new big data & data science use cases, including: providing ad-hoc investment data analysis to the business, providing enterprise reporting to management, providing risk monitoring / risk scenario analysis to senior PM’s / Risk Managers.
The Core Java Developer will benefit from exposure to users in the business who manage money & risk and will learn their investment process, plus enhance the platform & tools to support investment decisions.
The Big Data team follows an agile / scrum process & shares responsibility for the delivery of high quality, reliable innovations to end users in Business and other Technology areas
The role will require a combination of technical skills, team-work & effective communications plus financial sector knowledge
- Java8 or Scala development, with Functional Programming & Multi-Threaded or Distributed computing expertise
- Big Data Experience (Cassandra/NoSQL or Spark or Hadoop)
- Database development skills: ETL, SQL, Star Schemas,
- Knowledge and a degree of understanding on financial concepts plus enthusiasm for financial modeling, investment risk or other quant investment experience.
Desirable Skills - not essential:
- Visualisation tools e.g. Qlik. Tableau, BIRT, Spotfire
- Spark (SQL, Streaming or Machine Learning)
- Hadoop or HBASE/HIVE
- Cassandra or other NoSQL Databases
- Data warehousing e.g. Star Schemas
- Excel VBA
- Agile, TDD, Scrum
- Functional Programming experience e.g. Scala
Career progression -opportunities and management support are available to progress into leadership and management for those who demonstrate a desire and the ability to do so
- Core Java
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job