Copywriter, Hastings Direct
We're looking for a talented Copywriter to join our in-house Digital Marketing Communications team. This is a fantastic opportunity with exciting objectives to make a real difference, working on an extensive range of marketing campaigns and communications for our 2.7 million customers.
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.7 million customers in the UK. We've doubled our customer base in just three years and we now employ over 3,400 colleagues.
It's our attitude and the way we run our business that makes us different. We focus on getting it right for our colleagues, customers, company and community. It's a dynamic, flexible, fun and constantly changing environment. You'll enjoy the scope to make a real difference for our customers, influence our company, benefit the communities we work in and have some fun along the way.
Reporting directly to the Senior Copywriter, the successful candidate will be responsible for reviewing and editing our customer communications through a variety of different media channels, with the aim of achieving the best customer and commercial outcomes.
This individual will be accountable for the clarity, tone of voice and quality through effective and strategic proof-reading all of our customer communications across different touch points, collaborating effectively with our engagement and proposition strategies.
Your remit will include the following:
- Create clear, persuasive and original copy that will engage the reader.
- Support the Senior Copywriter in working with stakeholders, developing creative ideas and concepts, making sure there's a consistent brand and tone of voice (TOV) approach across all communications and media channels
- Interrogate briefs to understand the purpose, the audience and key message(s), asking for clarity or more information if required.
- Proof reading and editing copy; checking grammar, spelling and consistency.
- Update, edit and create copy within technical specifications to improve our system-generated transactional communications.
- Work on several campaigns at once, sometimes under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Act as customer champion and tone of voice guardian making sure our customers are at the heart of all decision making.
- Assist in tone of voice training for other departments to improve the quality of our output first time.
- Research and keep up to date with our customers, competitors and copywriting best practices.
- Completion of all mandatory training provided by the company and regulated by the FCA.
- A proven and versatile copywriting all-rounder, with a strong eye for detail and passion for communicating ideas.
- Excellent writing skills - able to get key messages across quickly and efficiently.
- Experience of creating copy for online and advertising channels desirable
- Experience of creating copy for financial services or regulated companies and an understanding of compliance requirements desirable
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Minimum of one years' copywriter experience.
- Holds a proactive, can do, willing to go the extra mile to get things done.
As a growing business this role is critical to our delivery and success, it will be exciting, busy, varied and challenging so a roll sleeves up, hands-on approach is an absolute must.
- Natural problem solver who communicates effectively to all stakeholders.
- This is a dynamic, fast paced working environment - candidates should be comfortable working within that setting and demonstrate a proactive working style.
- Great attention to detail - systematic approach to managing your workload.
- Embraces opportunities to develop and learn - shows a great level of self-awareness and drive.
Benefits for you
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
- Competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting, but do feel free to email the Recruitment team for more details in advance of your application -
- Flexible working opportunities working 1-2 days a week from home
- 5% bonus earning potential
- 23 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Competitive pension
- Flexible benefits - buy or sell holidays
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
- Discounted rail travel
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'