New opportunity not to be missed!
Lands’ End has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Copywriter to join our team based in Oakham, Rutland. We are offering a competitive salary plus excellent benefits!
Lands’ End is an American, multi-channel, online retailer designing and selling clothes for all the family worldwide. We are also a company with a great story to tell. Since 1963, we’ve earned a reputation for quality clothing, being a great place to work and providing the best customer service in the industry. In fact, we believe in our product and our people so much that everything we sell comes with an unconditional guarantee.
The Copywriter Role
Working with the Creative Director and EU Copy Manager, as a key member of the copy team, you will help define and deliver the copy strategy. You will originate and write online copy and editorial, that is brand aligned, local market specific and search engine friendly. Including SEO researched product copy, tabs, banners, landing pages, affiliate banners, press releases, e-mails, social media content, press ads and inserts.
You will originate market-right, SEO-rich copy, edit and proofread catalogue & offline print copy before it is signed off.
Help organise and attend quarterly Product Training meetings.
Attend Go-To-Market meetings where appropriate.
Key responsibilities as a member of our UK Copywriting Team include:
- Write engaging, market-right SEO-rich copy for all medias, creating the appropriate copy to help deliver the creative strategy
- Translate, edit & proofread US core copy if available/relevant for our market
- Write brand-aligned copy for the website, e-mails, social media and any non-print media for retail, internal and external communications
- Update online product copy and maintain multi-media alignment of copy and campaigns
- Manage your workload on a day-to-day and book-by-book level, ensuring work is produced according to production schedule. Make sure you fully understand the process, expectations and workflow Communicate any risks to not meeting the seasonal schedule
- Be aware of what copy may be viewed as illegal or unethical and raise concerns with solutions
- Maintain open and productive communications with the EU Copy Manager and the wider Global Creative team
Our ideal UK Copywriter will have:
- 2 years copy writing experience or Degree (or equivalent) in Journalism, Communications, Fashion Journalism or other relevant qualification
- Proven experience of working on social media, including Blog, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube
- The ability to work comfortably on a Macintosh or PC
- Proven editing and proof-reading of other’s work
- Experience of working to tight deadlines
- Writing for Online and/or magazine/catalogue experience
- Strong copy writing skills with experience of writing to Brand standards to reflect the company voice
- Articulate, good range of language, strong on grammar & punctuation
- Self-motivated, with the flexibility to work in a fast paced, quick change environment
- A strong team player, able to take the lead or play a supporting role where necessary
Desirable skills and experience:
- Appreciation of design, layout and graphics
- Proofreading qualification
- Knowledge of InDesign
- Knowledge of Photoshop and Dreamweaver
- Fashion product knowledge
- 10% Annual Bonus (dependent upon company performance)
- 22 days holiday + 8 Public holidays (rising a day per holiday year served to 25 days + 8 public holidays)
- 50% staff discount on catalogue/website products (currently 50% as an added incentive)
- A cash based Health Insurance Plan (individual or family) after 3 months service
- Company sick pay scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life Insurance
- Free access to a local gym and pool (just 5 minutes up the road from Lands’ End)
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity! Click ‘apply’ now to become a key member of our UK Copy Team.
No agencies please - we know you'll be interested but please do not email or phone us, if we need support we'll contact our preferred suppliers.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job